Mattlures surface glide fish

daminator

Caught an 8lb 0oz fish on the mattlures surface glide today. Weather was overcast all day with calm winds. Air temps in the low 60's with a surface temp of 58-59. There was a trout stock earlier in the week on the lake. Fish bit around 4pm about 1/4 mile from the stock area. Fish was in about 10 feet of water. Not a big explosion on the surface, the fish just seemed to suck the lure down from the surface and was hooked with one hook point from the back treble in the corner of the mouth, my good friend really came through with a great net job, i was super nervous when the fish got next to the boat with all that lure hanging out. All's well that ends well.

post-23570-0-54757200-1449893921_thumb.jpg

post-23570-0-86285700-1449894211_thumb.jpg

Definitely a thumper of a fish!  Did you let your friend make a couple of casts with the lure afterwards as reward for the net job?  :-P

That would have been nice of me but needless to say that rod didn't leave my hands the rest of the afternoon