Best lure retriever

Craig

I got my first swimbait snagged and used a jig to get caught in about the same place. Used that as a marker and found the swimbait relatively easily. Chances are there is only 1 piece of snaggy structure in a small area. 

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I am an idiot and was using 50Lb braid with a 25Lb fluoro leader. Reel got caught when casting and she went a-soaring.. Merry Christmas and welcome to swimbait fishing Mr Bradley!

snapped off my first ever deps 250 3 casts into fishing it yesterday... i know the general vicinity but I am going to have to snorkel to get it i feel. anyone share any methods of trying to retrieve it? its about 6-8 feet of water

6-8 ft?  Come on that's shallow.  Diving certificate? How is the bottom?  Do you know almost exactly where it is?  Drag something around the bottom to snag the trebles.  People have used weighted netting or fencing to retrieve lures before, be a little creative.... 

The daiwa one works for me quite well, don't have alot of posts but have to start somewhere. At 19.99 it has saved me over 800 bucks. I'd say that's a good return. I would put a piece of tape by the "eyelet" to keep the line on the reel portion or the wind can turn the job into a mess with wind involved. Sorry if there's any spelling errors, I'm typing on my phone.