Finally killed the skunk.

jmftattoo

Last decent fish I caught was October 31st. I was beyond discouraged and starting to doubt if I knew what i was doing lol. Me and my buddy went out today after a couple day warm front moved through Vegas. Brought my water temp up from 42 to 49. What a difference. First 5 minutes with this new savage gear 7" shine glide I picked up last night and I snagged this little chunk. Felt great to get back on a fish! Finally knocked that monkey off my back and this is my first 100% swimbait fish. So I was pretty stoked on that too. Not much to speak of size wise. But he was a fun fast fight. My friend got one off a whopper plopper just after this. Was a good quick little session out on the home lake.

• 2 weeks later...

Their moving finally. Found a anchored giant Xmas tree today mid lake in about 8ft of water. Sent a deps 250 down first and almost lost it on a pipe. They followed it for a bit then I downsized and Weighted a s-waver 168 and got it to the bottom faster and pulled this Guy out. 1230 pm sun over head. 68 air temp. 50.7 water temp. 8mph E-winds . 6ft visibility. Off the tree placed just off the main lake point / channel swing don't really know what to call it. It's too broad to be a point. Either way. . Their not long but they're definitely starting to feed up. This little guy was hefty.

post-25693-0-73829500-1455057003_thumb.jpeg

Their moving finally. Found a anchored giant Xmas tree today mid lake in about 8ft of water. Sent a deps 250 down first and almost lost it on a pipe. They followed it for a bit then I downsized and Weighted a s-waver 168 and got it to the bottom faster and pulled this Guy out. 1230 pm sun over head. 68 air temp. 50.7 water temp. 8mph E-winds . 6ft visibility. Off the tree placed just off the main lake point / channel swing don't really know what to call it. It's too broad to be a point. Either way. . Their not long but they're definitely starting to feed up. This little guy was hefty.

hell yeah! nice football!