Split rings on Rising Sons/Ospreys

reelreport

I've been fishing these baits a little more lately, and was wondering if anyone fishes them without a split ring on the treble? (tie line directly to the treble)

I've experimented with taking mine off and it sits better on the bait...Is there a specific reason it's there that I'm missing? It makes an odd angle when tied to the line and hook is embedded, imo. Thoughts?

I've seen Mickey say that he does it because when your casting the split ring reduces tearing on the bait. After hearing that, I always rig mine so the ring is at least touching the plastic insert. Hope this helps 8-) .

I've seen Mickey say that he does it because when your casting the split ring reduces tearing on the bait. After hearing that, I always rig mine so the ring is at least touching the plastic insert. Hope this helps 8-) .

x2 after hearing that from mickey i always use a split ring and definatly noticed less bait tearing. i fished a SKT swimmer without a split ring and the bait split after one fish, then i fished with a split ring and it lasted longer.

I had a few of these. O got them when they were like the true OG models. That one I picked up at the Longfin in the bargain bin. Gotta love Jim! :lol: (those who know him know he's super nice along with Eric, Bob, Seth, and the rest of the crew).

Definitely helps on the hook sliding into the bait part lol.