Mega Bass Evoluzion Topaz for swimbaits?

trav

It could work... It would not be ideal though, not enough capacity and tuned for casting light rigs. To me, if you want to spend THAT much on a reel I would want definitely want it to be perfect for the desired use. Why not find a blacksheep or a couple conquests? They would suit you better for sb fishing.

Yeah but this one come in a lefty. And a black sheep would be hard to come by, and I don't think they made a lefty. Just trying to get feedback, and see if anyone else has tried it

That is a fairly rare, expensive, limited edition reel that isn't really designed with big swimbaits in mind... No way I'd ever consider it as a dedicated swimbait reel - more like a deep crankbait, big spinnerbait, jerkbait kind of reel. Swimbaiting takes a toll on your reels, and finding replacement parts for that particular reel will ultimately be difficult and very expensive - not to mention you could buy a very nice LDC rod and a Calcutta TE for the price of the Topaz :lol:

They didn't make a Blacksheep in a LH version, and like you said, the RH version is very difficult to find, and also very expensive.