Cold water information(long and boring)

Mossypumpkin

Mossy may still be iced up in Maine but the ice around here got mostly blown off a week ago when we had some incredible sustained wind that broke it up. WalllyC and I got out over the weekend and got some decent fish on jigs but couldn't get a touch on swimbaits. Monday and Tuesday had some periods when it was sunny, calmer, and warmer: perfect conditions to pack the bait and bass into those shallow coves. Just goes to show that just about the time you think you have things figured out the fish prove you wrong. I'd have bet the house that I would have crushed them in the two shallow coves of the little pond I fished. It looked like ideal conditions but I never saw a single sunfish or perch in the shallows. Finally got one about 3# to whack a 200 S-Waver outside the mouth of one cove. Not the killer start to the swimbait season I hoped for, but at least a 2016 swimbait fish is in the board for me.

post-21326-0-85345100-1456970771_thumb.jpg