Anyone in Sacramento area

dmort0427

This is very public knowledge so haters stfu...this is the delta not your f'n lake...park here at your risk...walk along prospect...sometimes it ain't bad...then walk the levee to the deep water channel...stripers are hard to catch from shore but there is miles of access here...give it a shot...it's closer than Rio Vista...and maybe later this week or next if you wanna jump on my boat we can hit some stuff...lmk

post-24354-0-05747000-1456705876_thumb.png

Hey Derek,, Slant's pointing you in the right direction. I haven't met Anthony in person yet, we've been trying to put together a trip,, but so far he's been one of the most stand up, considerate, selfless guys I've known of. So far... lol! He's always either starting up some type of help project for someone on here, or directly related in one way or the other. He asked to book a trip with me to guide him on Clear Lake this spring, upon learning about my motor blowing up last week, he was quick to offer taking me out on his boat while mine was down, maybe he figured in case his did the same I'm pretty experienced in rowing a bass boat long distances.... haha! 

So when I noticed that he was fast to reply to your post, and offer not only directions to water, but a spot on his boat, I wasn't surprised,, he's an all around good dude! I've met some really solid guys here, especially along with Mike in WA, lol, wasn't gonna leave you out bro, , thanks SU! 

Another good spot is the Deep Water Channel. Access is through the Barge Canel Access off Jefferson blvd. I usually walk about a mile down and fish along the banks. Some good bass during spring and some shakers. Stripers are more abundant during the fall. My luck has come on S-waver 168 on slow retrieves.

Stripers are starting to move up the Sac River, if you could find flats around 6-10" feet, you are money. During sun rise and sun set, throw topwater when the water is a little calmer or glides when it is a little choppy. Good place is around Garcia Bend. Park at the park and walk either left or right of the level and just find a spot.