hinkle shad update anyone

Christiantaj

you mean the one that forgot to test swim 10 baits?

That hardly matters...I have 3 Hinkles now have had others that swam very poorly..two slow sink which floated...So that being said..if Hinkle tests ALL his baits then he isn't doing it right either...I have two phoney frogs and two on the way...the two I have now...blow away the Hinkle...just because a guy is new people wanna hate...he made a mistake and promised to not have the prob again...he also fixed/replaced those from my understanding...nobody even knows anything about what's up with Hinkle...Hinkle makes great baits but the phoney is gonna be better if he keeps it up...and with the one mistake aside his business practices so far are legit...there is really one guy stirring up problems and sadly people think his words are scripture...most of the people chiming in dont even have a phoney yet...

you mean the one that forgot to test swim 10 baits?

Umm, not sure what you're referring to... But if you must know, I swim test my baits MYSELF. I haven't had any issues with the baits yet, even after an 11, couple over 5, and several in 4lb range. Hell, I'd say I've already got my $$$ worth with just the DD! But honestly, aside from teeth marks, it's still looking gorgeous! One awesome quality about it, is that it is indeed tunable on your own, in fact, on one of mine I closed the bottom joint a touch, opened the top up a lil, and now it's almost like a slow diver, SICK for the windy days!!! I have 0 brand loyalty, just enjoying having a great product in my hands and not stuck on a waiting list. I'll be selling my Hinkles soon as well, no more need for them.

Its never ending. Dudes pay knowing the wait times change and are crazy. No one is forcing people to pay. Phoney frog dude can fill the bootleg nitch, we get it. Abt did the same. Bbz did it to Rago. Swimbaits have always been a small thing in the past, not the same as conventional stuff. Now its bandwagon central and everyone wants boxes full. Smh..

"Bootleg nitch"...? Riiiight, cause now any bait that looks like a fish just as someone else's fish replica is now a "bootlegger"... Personally, I like the bait because it does indeed have a different design than the previous ones out there. Honestly, I like most baits period, but I can only fish so many at any given time, I get bored fishing the same baits all the time, so I'll get dif. stuff to try as a challenge. That being said, I choose to buy the baits that encompass the best qualities for the best price, end of story. So if a company comes along and takes an existing design, but re-designs it with definite improvements, and provides it for a fraction of the cost, why not give em a try?? 90% of all the baits I fish are my own personal designs, so it is nice to find other baits that you can establish confidence in, and I think the Phoney shad has found a permanent place on my deck.

Just because you aren't partial to the backstory doesn't mean that there isn't one.

I guess it's like this for me...I've seen the back story...I have a few of each baits now...side by side they both are killer and have some positives the other doesn't have...in the water no comparison...the phoney performs better...that being said it isn't proven...but it will be and time will tell...

Edited by BigSlant

Both the Hinkle and the Phoney are well proven to me,, I can only say I prefer the Phoney because of certain qualities that really stick out to me personally. But the lack of availability is the Hinkles biggest strike for me, I often fish with my family also, for us to each have a hinkle tied on would entail about $1,200 just to get one for each of us. That's unacceptable. So when I can get a dozen Phoneys for near the same price, and I prefer the appearance, the action, and the durability over the Hinkle... it's a total no-brainer! So for the original poster's concern,, I'd direct him, and anyone else who shares similar frustrations, to check out the Phoney shad!

If you have an Instagram his name is @phoneyfrogsUSA where he has a couple swim videos. @Fishwell_Lureco has swim videos on Instagram too but you have to go pretty far back to find them.

Thank you sir

I don't think people are complaining about wait times, just lack of communication. I'm pretty sure everyone who ordered and paid knew the wait time. Whether its a custom rod or a hinkle swimbait, communication is what people want. I think that is not much to ask. Even a mass email to all that ordered? Just my thoughts...

Post of the year!

That hardly matters...I have 3 Hinkles now have had others that swam very poorly..two slow sink which floated...So that being said..if Hinkle tests ALL his baits then he isn't doing it right either...I have two phoney frogs and two on the way...the two I have now...blow away the Hinkle...just because a guy is new people wanna hate...he made a mistake and promised to not have the prob again...he also fixed/replaced those from my understanding...nobody even knows anything about what's up with Hinkle...Hinkle makes great baits but the phoney is gonna be better if he keeps it up...and with the one mistake aside his business practices so far are legit...there is really one guy stirring up problems and sadly people think his words are scripture...most of the people chiming in dont even have a phoney yet...

"I have two phoney frogs and two on the way...the two I have now...blow away the Hinkle"

You are not the first person that I have heard say this.. Can't wait to get one and I hope it's one of the good ones!

"I have two phoney frogs and two on the way...the two I have now...blow away the Hinkle"

You are not the first person that I have heard say this.. Can't wait to get one and I hope it's one of the good ones!

Seriously tho Rod...the Hinkle is a great bait you know..the detail is pretty awesome too...but...the action on the phoney out of the box is just far better...it doesn't have the track record but as soon as enough people get them for $100...it will gain ground...

Seriously tho Rod...the Hinkle is a great bait you know..the detail is pretty awesome too...but...the action on the phoney out of the box is just far better...it doesn't have the track record but as soon as enough people get them for $100...it will gain ground...

Definitely noted.. 

Anyone have a spare they can fly in?

Definitely noted..

Anyone have a spare they can fly in?

Haha nope not yet...I thought your boy Manny had a few...must of got them right after you left...or he was hiding them..lmao