Wilderness Systems Ride 115X

CCMD

Anyone fish one of these? I'm buying a fishing kayak this spring, and the WS 115X has good reviews. Apparently very stable (can stand pretty easily). Read some stuff about it being a heavy and a little difficult to handle.

I'm going to mainly fish small water around the house out of the yak, so covering great distances and such not an issue for me.

I'm asking about this yak in particular because an outlet store near me had one returned and it's up for sale at a pretty good price that I can probably get down a little bit more.

Any input is appreciated.

I have one. I also use it on small local lakes. Very stable. I drag it down to the water. I also have a dolly if I need to pull it further distances or across pavement. i really like it, although I have not tried any others.

I also own one. I use it on lakes as well as inshore marshes. It is super stable, I'm 205lbs and I fish standing in it most of the day as well as bring in fish. It also has a quality dry storage, most yaks dry storage seals leak, but mine actually keeps things dry. I load it onto the roof rack of my SUV, it is a little heavy but nothing unmanageable. I would highly recommend it, especially if you already have your eye on a discounted one. Most other comparable Kayaks with that level of stability are more pricey $$$. Good luck dude!

Been looking at the Ride 115 also. Talked to a previous Ride115 owner and said it was a great boat for him. Nothing fancy, but had everything he needed. Good stability that allowed him to stand up and fish, IMO is a must with big baits.

With that being said, I am leaning towards a Diablo Paddle Sport "Amigo". Its the equivalent of a plastic barge, but should be a good fit for what I am looking for. I do not plan to cover much water with it.

With that being said, I am leaning towards a Diablo Paddle Sport "Amigo". Its the equivalent of a plastic barge, but should be a good fit for what I am looking for. I do not plan to cover much water with it.

One of my friends is sponsored by Diablo. The Amigo is not a fast boat but it is very stable and has a lot of room. The only real downsides are that it's slow and the low sides make it somewhat frustrating in heavy waves or chop.

Look into the FeelFree Lure series 11.5.  I have the 10 and love it for stability it can't be beat I stand and can move around with ease.  Also there gravity seat is amazing. Check it out

Look into the FeelFree Lure series 11.5.  I have the 10 and love it for stability it can't be beat I stand and can move around with ease.  Also there gravity seat is amazing. Check it out

I've read that seat is amazing. And you're confirming the reviews I've read that it's pretty easy to stand in. Definitely will look into it. The reason the Wilderness 115X was first on my list is because it's at a nearby outlet at a decent discount after being returned in new condition.

The 115x is a cool kayak and if you can get it for say $800 or so in like new condition do it. I like a lot of Wilderness Systems stuff and had an old Tarpon 120 which was an awesome boat. The Ride line is solid.