What Swimbaits

drakeguy1

I am a beginner in terms of swimbaiting and I am trying to grow my arsenal. I have already collected quite a bit of hudds and wakebaits and now want to transition into other styles. What are some necessity swimbaits? My price range is 2-120 dollars for one bait. The main forage in my lake is bluegill and kokanee. What baits would you recommend?

deps 250 is pretty much a staple these days and triple trouts , 250 can go pretty cheap on ebay if your a little patience ive seen them sell for 80$ many times .

also look into Jackall gantarel for the price they are hell of good baits

Edited by JeremyW

I'd go with a soft boot tail bait that gives it's best action at a slow roll. These soft baits will out fish hard baits and glides hands down. Atleast in my area. Glides and treble hool baits are really limited because of depth and exposed hooks. I really like smashtechs baits. Rising sons. And ragos new bait. Savage 3d trout are also great baits. I love my 250s and hinkle but my confidence is in the soft bais.

Im sure you have 8" Hudds in rof5 and rof12

It depends on your own fishing style and what you want. Stick with proven fish catchers this is my MUST HAVE TOP 3, YMMV on prices if you can find it. This is just a guess.

new Deps 250 $90-120

Baitsmith Mag $90-110

10" Triple Trout Slow sink and/or floater $65-90 ea/

Value-wise;

3:16 Rising Son, 8" BBZs are cheap and get bit For the money if you have anything left, Savage gear gives you great value.

TBH All baits catch fish, match to your own fishing style, color, size & forage to your lake. And when you cast; be the bait you will catch em' Theres no magic lure that puts fish into the boat automaticly. but this are some good suggestions ;)

Hi Drake, I think you answered your own question. Try to get lures that best represent the main food sources in the bodies of water you are fishing. Your going to get dizzy with all the options out there & suggested. Get a few at a time, gain confidence in them, and, go from there. Good luck..

The main forage in my lake is bluegill and kokanee. What baits would you recommend?

Find any sinking bluegill bait, or crank down bait and you will do fine.  A crank down is probably the easiest transition for you - but there arent many out there.

For slow sink - Mattlures is a good place to start.