Time of day pb?

SWIMBO

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you post stories like the previous ones,(that had to be dragged out of you), and always quick with advice(most of the time pretty good at that)...let's face it, you're not posting enough, you need a "Don's Fishing Corner" thread. Where Don can be Don, and we can ask questions, and sit at the feet, in awe, of a master.LOL.

Top 5 swimbait fish all bit around 2-3 pm. Different lakes, different months, but same time of day. Right after the sun hits the water and right before it dips below the horizon is generally a good time as well. But the donkeys like to bite in the random afternoon hours for some reason.

My biggest largemouth, 11 and 14.1, as well as my biggest spot at 6.7 all bit in the early afternoon... Don and I talked about this on the phone years ago... Can't believe the guy's willingness to help someone he doesn't even know.

With that being said, one thing that is interesting, I fish a private pond... and my biggest bass there have all come within 45 minutes of it being too dark to see... Kind of interesting with what some other members have said.

Thanks for sharing again Don, love those stories everytime.

When you post stories like the previous ones,(that had to be dragged out of you), and always quick with advice(most of the time pretty good at that)...let's face it, you're not posting enough, you need a "Don's Fishing Corner" thread. Where Don can be Don, and we can ask questions, and sit at the feet, in awe, of a master.LOL.

+1000..when a guy only counts fish over 10 he is a master.

+1000..when a guy only counts fish over 10 he is a master.

HAHA!! Nico has far more big fish then I do ;) I'm sure he has plenty of stories to tell too :D I mean he was one of those guys I saw pics of back when that made me go :shock: LOL! Lots of people have bigger fish than I. I guess I just like to help more? Or maybe just talk to much LOL! One thing for sure , I don't talk to others when on the water :lol:

Marbles your time is close My best at Quincy is 6 lbs. 8inch hudd Ive got 12 wipers over 28inches all on hudds. LCJERKBAIT

Oh chit whats up brotha glad to see you on here..cant wait till we can get out together

Here we go again, I know , I know.... Not another damn story :lol:

So, where was I... Oh yea My buddy and I had a great day and he Got his PB at 13 even (around that same time).

So we went back two days later and again pulled up to the same spot at what I felt was the right time. So again we get set up and start casting just in time for it to go off again :shock: . We hit one after another. Then it died in a matter off 30 minutes or so. We had boated 6 fish in all from 6 lbs to 10 lbs. Here is the pic,post-483-14252985719939_thumb.jpg

So we go back about 30 minutes later (after pics) and hit another 8 and 10, here is the pic of the 10. post-483-14252985720466_thumb.jpg Then we had Nothing the rest of the day. All this took place in a small window of time that day.

I think the next one is when I met Mickey for the 1st time at a show (Ken introduced us) and I bought my 1st 1up. :mrgreen:

Nico what state do you live in?

NorCal. Water temps are in the mid-upper 40s here right now, but at least it's still water :-)

Early afternoon really is consistent across lakes and times of year, though. Either the coldest part of the year (first few weeks of January) or the warmest (August?), in deep clear lakes or shallow muddy ones, that time of day is awesome.

The worst time of day to be fishing? 9am-noon in my experience.

Also, Don's just being humble again. I wish I knew half as much as he does about swimbait fishing the big NorCal lakes every time we're getting our asses kicked in tournaments up here :?