Freestyle Bluegill

fish4bas

I have a chance to buy a slow sink freestyle bluegill..Are there much difference between the action of the bluegill and the freestyle shad? Also how much have these been selling for?

The bluegill and shad are pretty similar in the way they fish. The size is pretty close, but a taller profile on the gill. If you're paying less than double retail you're probably doing well. I paid a little more than double retail for one to replace one I lost

There are comparison (stills, for perspective) pix posted here somewhere with the FS Gill and FS Shad side-by-side if that helps? ;)

-

I'm at work and can't search right now. But, I do recall seeing them somewhere.

-

Uh oh!...............Bossman cometh! .............."Shakin' the bush boss, shakin' the bush!"

Simply my opinion, but...

I like the Shad and I've caught fish on the slow sink, however, if I had to pick between the shad and the gill, I'd take the gill. Here's my reasoning...

First off the gill sinks a bit faster. I like that. While I can understand the benefits of a slow sinking bait, I prefer the sink rate of the gill.

Second point and this is what excites me. Bass love shad. If there are shad in your lake, the bass will be chewin' on them. However, in the lakes I fish, the majority of threadfin shad are a bit smaller than the FS Shad. Obviously, it isn't a deal breaker, since I've caught fish using them, but to truly "match the hatch", the FS Shad may be a little large. With this theory in mind, the FS gill matches a eatin'-size bluegill perfectly. Not too big and not too small. Just like baby bear's poridge, it's just right. :lol: Of course my theory can be blown out of the water cause I haven't caught anything but pickeral on the FS gill, but in the bait's defense, I haven't throw it much due to cold water (and now ice) Also, I purchased two of the male FS gills and they have the more vibrant colors, which IMO match the glow of a gill during spawn; not great for the cooling waters of Autumn into Winter. I'm almost positive these baits will slay on a shallow, South Jersey pit filled with spadderdock and slobs come May and June of 2012. ;)

...and that's just my $.02 :lol:

There are comparison (stills, for perspective) pix posted here somewhere with the FS Gill and FS Shad side-by-side if that helps? ;)

-

-

Uh oh!...............Bossman cometh! .............."Shakin' the bush boss, shakin' the bush!"

feb81249-1.jpg

8-)

You can see all the pics and review, here: http://www.swimbaitunderground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2877

-

-

feb81249-1.jpg

8-)

You can see all the pics and review, here: http://www.swimbaitunderground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2877

-

There it tis! Thanks reel. ;)