Best, most accurate fish scale? Any opinions

G_Heikes

Cul-em-rite for dead nutz accuracy. I do prefer my x-tools though,, getting increasingly hard to find. The Brecknell is prob one of the only ones I haven't tried. You can always go drop the coin and get a food-grade commercial scale... Are you starting your own tournament circuit or something??  

You gotta wiggle your wrist a little!

I'm sure there's a  lot of tricks out there, maybe we should start a thread for that, haha. If only she hadn't taken that morning dump rt before... Oh well, it was the first 9.15 I've ever caught, so she'll just be special that way, usually they're several ounces off and you don't feel as let down, lol! 

But that is one thing I'd like to point out with the x-tools, in rough or shakey conditions it'll give you a fast accurate read,, some of the others will take forever or hardly at all in less than ideal conditions. 

Cul-em-rite for dead nutz accuracy. I do prefer my x-tools though,, getting increasingly hard to find. The Brecknell is prob one of the only ones I haven't tried. You can always go drop the coin and get a food-grade commercial scale... Are you starting your own tournament circuit or something??  

Want one for kayak fishing, all ive had before is rapala and berkley scales that were right like 75% of the time. youd weigh a ten pound weight ten times and it would read 10lbs only 3/4 of the time, the other readings would be more than a lb off in either direction. ive had to weigh my fish multiple times and go with the most consistent reading

I've used all the Rapala and Berkley digital scales over the years, x-tools. IMO I still have 2 that are far better then the x-tools.

I've been using the Salter Brecknell for a couple years now. Things I love about it: it gives you a real time weight, not a 5 second calculation of the fish and the boat bouncing around. Look up the scale on a major site and ask yourself if cul m rite and all the others make postal, weed scales, scales that need to be dead on accurate.

You get what you pay for. Major League Fishing uses the exact perfect setup, that's what I use. I want to know that fish of a lifetime weighs 9.71# not 9lb 7oz maybe.

I've had bad luck with the cul-em-rite and the x tool. All of them say that 3 or 4 fish are the same weight or you weigh the same fish twice in a row and get a different weight. I tried replacing batteries and that didn't seem to help either. I bought a rapala scale and so far it seem to be working for me and if you weigh a fish twice you get the same result each time.

x tool is very unaccurate this is why they where not out long , Good luck getting one certified .

brecknell is a very good scale and very easy to get certified in fact you could buy them certified already .

not saying a World record is coming are way , but you better be properly prepared if so or you will sink faster than the Titanic .

Edited by JeremyW