Glide bait retreives

Ryan Mitchell

Ive been fishing a few Hudds here in Oklahoma and haven't done to bad. Moving over to the glide bait now and wanted to see if you guys can fill me on a few of the most effective retrieves for this type of bait. Any pointers are appreciated. This is my first time throwing a glide. I'm starting out with a Duel Ninja Glider I bought and hoping to pick up a Deps 175 soon.

Matt Allen did a solid video on the retrieves he uses for the S Waver, which is another solid starter glide if you're looking for one that won't break the bank.

Skip ahead to about 8:30 to get the retrieves, begininng is about gear used 

Edited by egoodnow

I haven't fished them much, but I caught one this weekend doing a straight reel with a quick pump of the reel handle. Pretty standard in terms of retrieves. Im pretty high on it because i caught my first glide bait fish on it, but i really like the pizz drift. Picked one up for 40$ and the glide/paint job on it is really nice.

Glidebaits are reaction baits. This is important to remember. Thing of working it like a gigantic jerk bait. I personally "twitch" the bait using hard reel turns of one- one and a half revolutions to cause a reaction. Adding these types of erratic movements to the slow side winder will cause VIOLENT strikes.