Irod Genesis Jr Swimbait Rod??

kirschnerck1

You need the large swimbait rod to throw an 8" hudd or glides that size...I would stick to 6" max on the jr...rod also has a short handle so it's not ideal for hucking big baits...I use my large for punkers and other jerky retrieves since the handle is short...but for the price they aren't bad I own 5

It will handle the s-waver 168 fine. The only thing is when you start getting into the swimbait world it's very hard to stop buying bigger and more baits. So I would keep that in mind. I've thrown Deps 175,Pizz Drifts,6in Hudds and it gets the job done. But I will end up getting a large soon. Thanks Adam

Think you will be fine with that bro, the large feels way over powered to me for anything under 3 1/2oz . Personally I think the the large is only good for things life ROF 12-16hudds and Bait Smith's with heavy mono since it is really stiff and fast . So you should be fine with the JR for anything 1oz to 4oz . You want some flex to throw the bait and keep em pinned you don't need a pool stick with guides to throw a swimbait just my opinion

Think you will be fine with that bro, the large feels way over powered to me for anything under 3 1/2oz . Personally I think the the large is only good for things life ROF 12-16hudds and Bait Smith's with heavy mono since it is really stiff and fast . So you should be fine with the JR for anything 1oz to 4oz . You want some flex to throw the bait and keep em pinned you don't need a pool stick with guides to throw a swimbait just my opinion

Totally agree but like AdamC said it's really quick to want to throw 8" hudds, 8" freestyles etc...if your only gonna throw the 168 s waver and small shads, 6" hudds and bluegill size baits it's fine...but I ditched the 168 s waver and will never go back...Only my opinion...I still have both rods

• 2 weeks later...

Its a really good rod for a gan craft 230, line throughs, wake baits etc.. anything under maybe like 5oz with treble hooks especially, i would fish 6'' top hook stuff on it too probably, anything smaller than a claw 178 I would use a lighter rod, maybe like the crank launcher or even lighter than that honestly.

My pb spot, and smallie were caught on that rod throwing the 230.

Oh yea, its my favorite punker rod too, loads how i like for walking that bait on braid.

I've thrown 8" hudds, deps 175, swaver 200 etc. on my Jr swimbait rod and it gets it done if needed. (When my other rods have other baits on) Its pretty Ideal for 6" baits all across the board, But it can handle a 4oz bait with no issue and cast nicely. Awesome rod!