Request: Hiroshima 8.5" Hard Tail v. Soft Tail

C_R_TX

Curious as to what people think between the hard tail and soft tail baits. I found an older review on the hard tail:

http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12982-hiroshima-customs-85-glide-bait/?hl=hiroshima

It looks like there has been some slight changes in the hardtail model over the past few years.

According to the Hiroshima website- the soft tail model is a "zipper bait that also requires less line pickup to impart moment". I am guessing this means a tighter glide?

Interested to hear opinions on both baits.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great answer Jason... 

The latest soft tails I made to be a bit zippier and similar to the newer 10"ers I've been working on. Wider hinge gap and the rubber tail allow the bait to come around faster and need less line pickup. These have a wider hinge gap than the first soft tails. 

The hard tail is hard to not make with the amount of history and fish that have been caught on it. Over the last 6 years a few things have changed. I shaved the shoulders to make it more compact and bite size in the front section, but did make it overall a bit thicker to make it glide further. Most other changes were cosmetic such as gill plate detail, scaling, and pelvic fins. 

• 1 month later...