Fun First Trip in Michigan

MichiganBassman

this year was my freshmen year of college studying fisheries and wildlife. With Michigan's weather being as unpredictable as it is the lakes where thawed and ready to be fished before I even came home from college. As soon as I got home my friends Hopscotchman (Brice), Baigh95 and I headed out to the water for the first real trip of the year.

Water temp was upper 40s to low 50s and overcast skies. We picked out a few spots where we have had success in the past in conditions like this. Baigh and I where throwing hudds while brice threw a gancraft magnum. Almost immediately brice hooked up with a smaller one but was a good boost of confidence seeing one of the first fish of the year. An hour pasts and each of us hooked up with smaller pike and kept us entertained but not satisfied. Travel back to the next spot and Brice convinces a mid 3lb bass his bait wasn't one to eat next to the boat. Pretty exciting to watch. Travel down the shoreline and pick up a few more pike but still no bass on the hudds. As we approach a point that has produced multiple nice fish before I get thumbed on the hudd and figure it was again another pike. See the fish come up and was stunned to see a nice 4lber attached to my line with the hudd nowhere to be found. Grind her to the boat, quick picture and let her go. Next we shot over to a sandbar connected to deep water. Baigh hooked up with a nice 4lber casting out a little deeper than we had been caught the others. Nevertheless a nice fish. Again a few more small pike and on to our last spot. We get to this spot and it's a long thin point with houses stacked on top of each other with boathouses all down the point. First boathouse off this point last year baigh took a 4lber on a 250 and was positive his fish was back for more. I ish you not he tossed his hudd perpendicular to shore Along the SAME DOCK. I here him say "fish on" and thought it was a joke. Turn back to see my buddy Brice net the biggest fish of the day at 4.5lbs. Had to leave shortly after to go get some grub. Overall it was a great first trip with a few good swimbait throwing buddies in Michigan. Not a lot of us up in Michigan but fun when we get together. Here are the pictures of the fish we Caught that day, nothing like I see on here but we're trying for those big ones. With the summer coming soon We aren't going to stop! Thanks for reading and tight lines.

post-22731-0-19936800-1463250472_thumb.jpeg

post-22731-0-13158000-1463250490_thumb.jpeg

post-22731-0-82520700-1463250506_thumb.jpeg

post-22731-0-09036400-1463251113_thumb.jpeg

post-22731-0-58917100-1463251136_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MichiganBassman