Dobyns 795 or 806 for wake jrs

ZachB

Well there's your answer, he owns more wakes than anyone :)

hahahah! Ill throw the wake jr on the 867 too. sometimes im to lazy to bring my other rods. Really though of all my dobyns rods my 806 felt the best for me throwing the wake jr and baby wakes. nothing saying you cant throw them on a 795.

I throw the baby wake on the Fury 795 easily. Please don't think the Fury isn't a good rod because of the lower price point. I am going to buy more of them when I can. They are sweet rods. 

If the Wake Jr is in the 3 oz range the Fury will throw it very well. But if you want the Champion 795 it will do the job as well. I've owned both. I'm sure the other Dobyn's rods mentioned will throw it well also. Just decide based on your collection of baits and what you need to throw them effectively.

hahahah! Ill throw the wake jr on the 867 too. sometimes im to lazy to bring my other rods. Really though of all my dobyns rods my 806 felt the best for me throwing the wake jr and baby wakes. nothing saying you cant throw them on a 795.

I agree 100% the 806 is much better for the wake Jr.  The 795 will do it but not nearly as enjoyable to throw on it as it is the 806.