Master Mold Material?

trav

For you guys that pour your own soft baits, I have a few questions.  Im looking to start pouring my own as a hobby, but Im lost when it comes to what materials to use.  Ive researched Ecoflex silicone and plastisol as pouring material, but Im unsure on what to make the master out of.  I bought a trial size of Oomoo 30, which is silicone. Im concerned because Ecoflex is also silicone, and wonder if Ill have problems with the mold and master being bonded or stuck together after the pour.

As far as Plastisol, if I read it right, its rubber, which souldn't be an issue with pouring into an Oomoo 30 mold, but Im finding limited information on this. 

So I guess my question is, what can and can not be used together with the products I listed? I understand that this may be a trade secret for the guys who have figured it out or pour their own baits for business, Im just looking for some guidance or a starting point. 

***Disclaimer - I do not plan to make a business from this.  I have no intensions to make a business or start selling retail, Im just wanting to make a few baits that are not offered by anyone currently, and have some fun with it.***

For you guys that pour your own soft baits, I have a few questions.  Im looking to start pouring my own as a hobby, but Im lost when it comes to what materials to use.  Ive researched Ecoflex silicone and plastisol as pouring material, but Im unsure on what to make the master out of.  I bought a trial size of Oomoo 30, which is silicone. Im concerned because Ecoflex is also silicone, and wonder if Ill have problems with the mold and master being bonded or stuck together after the pour.

As far as Plastisol, if I read it right, its rubber, which souldn't be an issue with pouring into an Oomoo 30 mold, but Im finding limited information on this. 

So I guess my question is, what can and can not be used together with the products I listed? I understand that this may be a trade secret for the guys who have figured it out or pour their own baits for business, Im just looking for some guidance or a starting point. 

***Disclaimer - I do not plan to make a business from this.  I have no intensions to make a business or start selling retail, Im just wanting to make a few baits that are not offered by anyone currently, and have some fun with it.***

The Alumilite products are my go to bait making materials.

post-22517-0-05391600-1466846289_thumb.jpg Start out with one-sided plaster mold, so cheap and easy, use up your old plastic baits and pour an osprey, paint inside  with orange mod podge, I have some that are 20 years old and still good and they kill em. oooh.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm looking to make a Hudd type bait. With a foam and wire harness. And there won't be any flat sides of the bait, like an osprey bait

post-18422-0-98084300-1466878042_thumb.jpeg