WTT WTS Phat Pats suspending

monsterpondbass

Meaning of the several east coast manufacturerers that build the same type of baits or plug style baits only one carries the mystique of triple the value..why? The slammer has just as good if not better a track record..especially in the east coast..but it's a mid western bait company..all catch good fish I'm not debating..just why is a Pats that much?? It's not the paint or construction..

You can't say that the Hinkle and baits like it don't have the edge on realism and difficulty of build.. I'm not defending the cost of any bait I think they all are crazily priced..just what's the Pats mystique?

People rely on a bait that produces. If you have confidence in a pats, throw the pats. I've had friends on the west coast lose 9+ on pats. IF your confidence is in a pats, throw it, but you need to realize there are certain baits for certain situations. 

The slammer has just as good if not better a track record..especially in the east coast..but it's a mid western bait company..all catch good fish I'm not debating..just why is a Pats that much?? It's not the paint or construction..

Everytime i look at my box of Slammers i wish there was a pats in there. But i cant justify spending 3-5x the cost on a bait that for all intents and purposes does the same thing, and in some cases, looks pretty damn similar. 

I've bought and sold close to $5,000 worth of baits in the 5+ years I've been throwing swimbaits.  Everything from Slammers to Mattlures, Deps, Ragos, Hinkle, Hudds, ect. and the one bait that has produced the most and in just about every situation for me have been my Pats baits.  I have 100% confidence that when I tie one of them on it will get bit.  I do catch fish on other baits, but not nearly with the same consistency as I do with my Pats.

I'm on the east coast and I have to agree with Big Slant - lots of guys here seem to get hung up on baits made here.  You hear crazy stuff like "Deps 250s don't work on the east coast".  Thats true if you refuse to throw them.  

I really don't care where a bait comes from as long as the fish eat it.

i agree 100%... i tie a very mean jig for about .27 cents  and add a bastrix or a toad thrasher to it and have THE BEST swim bait out there for about $1.25...... out fish others 5/1 every day of the week....

but then i have 10K worth of the pretty baits i soak once in a while...

Every time I talk pats I piss the man off (all in good fun) lol. But it is safe to say his baits are magic baits especially in clear water situations. The triggers that are built into bait are overlooked. His trouts get hit on the splashdown, and his perch baits are one of the best bounce off timber baits ever made....but most peeps just reel and crank and that works too....some of peeps who posted fish some of the most pressured fisheries, and it excels in em....but yes, unless you heard about it on the net, you would not pick this bait off of a shelf and pay $75.

I think what makes the Pats baits stand out from the other multi-jointed billed baits. Is that his do not have a huge range of motion on each joint. However, you add up the 3 or 4 joints and it has a fluid range of movement that doesn't over due it, add to that the tail is flexible and very thin. You have what I think, what STE talked about with the Huddleston, the vortices coming off  of the bait. Just my opinion, great baits and I am glad I was able to get mine.

I'll admit it...I'm a PatsaHolic :? , and, want a couple Phat Pats real bad & I am on the East coast. I swear by the Slammer, have lots of confidence in it, but, want some Phat Action. Pat...you out there buddy ?

I think the phat pats is my favorite, just seems to get bit on a regular basis.