Revo Big Shooter WM50

perfectpaul

I run all revo..I have 3 of the wm60..a Toro beast...an nacl51 and 61 on all my setups..my go to at this point is the wm60..I've been throwing baits 7+oz lately and it is perfect..I like the size and ratio..it is essentially the beast but faster gear ratio..I don't believe in the slower speed for glides..I believe you slow down the reel cadence then horse that fish in as quick as possible..also the levelwind is disengaged on the cast..allowing a free spool cast..I feel it allows less friction and less slowing of cast speed and distance..I can cast a 250 or phoney shad 30-40 yds..I'm currently building a rod to throw mother's on and purchased a Toro Beast for it..but I most likely will swap it for the wm60..

I know this post was on the 50 sz but when I need a replacement for my smaller rod I will most likely go that route

I run all revo..I have 3 of the wm60..a Toro beast...an nacl51 and 61 on all my setups..my go to at this point is the wm60..I've been throwing baits 7+oz lately and it is perfect..I like the size and ratio..it is essentially the beast but faster gear ratio..I don't believe in the slower speed for glides..I believe you slow down the reel cadence then horse that fish in as quick as possible..also the levelwind is disengaged on the cast..allowing a free spool cast..I feel it allows less friction and less slowing of cast speed and distance..I can cast a 250 or phoney shad 30-40 yds..I'm currently building a rod to throw mother's on and purchased a Toro Beast for it..but I most likely will swap it for the wm60..

I know this post was on the 50 sz but when I need a replacement for my smaller rod I will most likely go that route

Thanks for the input, BigSlant. I appreciate the additional info on the 60. Seeing as you own a Toro Beast, what dont you like that would cause you to go back to a wm60?

Thanks for the input, BigSlant. I appreciate the additional info on the 60. Seeing as you own a Toro Beast, what dont you like that would cause you to go back to a wm60?

The Toro beast doesn't come in a 7.6:1. The wm 60 does. And with the weight difference being only .2 ounces betwwen the 50 and 60 probably better off getting the 60 and getting that little bit of extra line especially if your going to be throwing heavier baits

It's not what I don't like..is just what I like better..the Beast HS (highspeed) is a 6.4:1 but the wm60 is 7.6:1. I like the faster ratio..and the levelwind feature being disengaged..I feel it casts further..I'm still gonna make a final decision once I get the new rod and can throw the bigger baits..I'll keep you posted