Still riding the slammer train...

Mossypumpkin

Stuck another 5 last night. Stopped at the pond on my way home from picking up a trolling motor and decided to toss my new backup black slammer around. Around 10:45 I finally hooked up with what felt like a small fish. It definitely grew on the way in. Hooked up on the same grass flat as the 5-8 a few weeks ago. By the time I lipped her I figured a little over 4. She was bleeding bad, so I kept her in the water til she stopped, then got the quick pics and got her back in. Initially she went on her side, which had me super bummed. But after about 10 minutes of moving water over her gills she was able to hold herself up and was moving her pectoral fins a lot. Gave her a little push and off she went on her way. Waited a bit to make sure she didn't go belly up and looked with flashlights. Went back today to double check and didn't see her. Makes me feel a lot better. Long and thin....she went 5-5.

post-19435-0-41649000-1469920257_thumb.jpeg

post-19435-0-00601000-1469920268_thumb.jpeg

Thanks, guys! This is by FAR the best summer I've had. Last year at this time I was struggling to break 3lbs. Boats, kayaks, and new water is helping. And not tourney fishing this season. Spending your weekends on a boat on a lake you don't know well with a guy slinging senkos and happy to catch 3lbers is a downer.