meters and lake map cards.... what you using???

nightbite

Wanted to get some information / reviews on the mapping cards people are using and the likes and dislikes. I just got a new humminbird helix and wanted to get a mapping card just don't know if i want to got with the lake master  / lake master plus  vs the Navionics 

any input would be welcome 

I use lake master for humminbird and feel like I'm fishing blind without it. Using the depth highlight feature will show you points, reefs, inside turns that you may have never noticed without it. I'm in MN and most of the lakes I fish are in HD, meaning 1' contours. I would check the lake list for your state and see which lakes are in HD, if they are not in HD it's just a generic DNR type map...not very accurate but better than nothing. I have never used Navionics so....?

I use Lakemaster , as far as know the added feature in the plus option is a satellite overlay, which to me is not necessary. I fish a lot of different lakes, they're everywhere up here. If your main lake is big and has good structure on a simple map, I'd get the chip. Say your weed line is at 12' , you can set your depth highlight at say, 11-13', now every contour in that range will be highlighted green. Makes patterning, and looking for similar spots much easier. The same goes for shallow highlights except they are red.

I've got lakemaster and Navionics gold and Platinum. I think lakemaster is a far better mapping. And being that you have a humminbird unit It will work well together, it being a huminbird product( I have mine in a 999 SI). Biggest drawback is the smaller list of lakes covered. When I was running navionics in my bird I could never get the depth highlight feature to work properly(awsome feature).

If your waters are covered Id say go with lakemaster, if not, either one will get you where you need to be

Thanks guys really appreciate the input

i bought the lake master plus with the tackle warehouse 15 percent deal

and i think I'm going to go with the regular lake master. I see no need to have a photo overlay and from

what i heard it really slows down your unit. 

i just can't believe that Havasu is not on the list of lakes??

what did all the pros in the bass masters do???