will a bass hit a 2nd time?

bassturds

I believe that twice I have caught a fish, released it, cast out and the same fish ate it again. Once was a few years ago with a dirty rat and the other time was this year on the weedless. I have pics and after looking real close I determined it was the same fish. The first time I didn't move but the time this year I caught the same fish on the other side of a cove. I am the one that let it go on that side though

Yeah, it depends on the fish. I caught a 5lber 3 times on a hardgill on the same spot throughout the day. I know it was the same fish cause of the markings on the fish. I've had a fish follow a deps 250 back to the boat biting on it and getting hooked several times all the way to the boat.

But the craziest one was fishing way back in the woods in a small creek with a Jerkbait. The water was crystal clear and I could see a 2 pound bass which I cast towards and caught. I released the fish and I watched it swim about 15 feet away, I cast to the fish again and it bit again, reeled it in. I release the fish for the second time and the fish swims alittle ways. I cast Infront of it and the fish bites and I catch it for the 3rd time in a row. I wanted to see if could catch the fish for a 4th time. But by the 3rd time I caught the fish it was so exhausted that it ddnt even fight and I just reeled it straight in. So I left it alone after that. But it was the same fish caught on 3 consecutive cast within a minute. However the creek was very remote I doubt those fish have ever seen a lure before. U could prob catch them on a rock with a hook attached.