My NH P.B.

ShaneJ

Just wanna say thanks to you guys, by sharing my PB with you. Caught this past August on a swimbait. The info I learned here along the way just by lurking around (and a couple other site's), has really upped my game, resulting in my best year ever for fish over 7lbs. So, I've been stuck at a pretty damn good PB of 9-1, since 2010. Caught that fish on a jig, which has been my strongest weapon for years. I've been shooting for the state record for about that long, as well. Not upping my best by much, this was still the most exciting fish I've ever caught. This particular lake has proven to be a Silent Killer kinda place, and my trusty Wild Carp 175 SK was the tool to get it done for me that evening. Just after 9:00pm, I was actually heading off the water, after a pretty slow day with only a few mid sized bass. This girl was huge! 23.75" long, and 20.25" around, and weighed against two scales. 9lbs,4oz is where I'm at now. Still looking for that 10+, and still chasing that state record, but here's the sexiest chick I picked up this year...

post-26389-0-44928000-1478134686_thumb.jpg

Hey Shane, don't recall hearing from you before...you a newby ? Those are a couple very impressive Northeast bass you got there. Looks like you are well prepared for the record N.H. largemouth. Long story short, please stay out of Massachusetts....there arn't any bass over 6 LBS here...LOL...

Hey Shane, don't recall hearing from you before...you a newby ? Those are a couple very impressive Northeast bass you got there. Looks like you are well prepared for the record N.H. largemouth. Long story short, please stay out of Massachusetts....there arn't any bass over 6 LBS here...LOL...

Thank you, wally, and yeah, I guess you can call me a newbie for this site. Been hanging around, and buying/trading stuff like it's my job, but haven't really posted anything till now. Not a newbie to bass fishing, though, but only been using swimbaits (besides paddletails) for about 3 years now. Fishing with swimbaits, has only proven what I knew all along. There are a lot more big fish around than people realize. Those two fish there, are two of 16 fish for me this year, over 7lbs, and that only includes New England. Oh, and one other thing... Your fish in Mass are pretty safe from me. I have so many bodies of water around me, I'd rather stay closer, and focus on learning my local waters more, than going South. Unless I'm going way farther South, then I'm game. If there's ever a N.E. gathering, though, please let me know, it'd be cool to meet some other dedicated swimbait guys in my area.

nicely done shane! those are some absolute stud bass. Looks like you and I have the same thing in mind chasing that state record hahah. I wish you good luck and hope you get it, it hasnt been broken since 1967 and you are way ahead of me in chasing that bad boy down. congrats again and best of luck to you .

Thanks, Noreaster603!! It has been my mission for like 6 years now. I feel like I have a very good shot at the LM record here, but our SM record will never be broken. I appreciate the good luck wishes, though, and wish you the best of luck with our NH fish, as well. Maybe sometime we could team up on 'em, and see what we can do.

Thanks, Noreaster603!! It has been my mission for like 6 years now. I feel like I have a very good shot at the LM record here, but our SM record will never be broken. I appreciate the good luck wishes, though, and wish you the best of luck with our NH fish, as well. Maybe sometime we could team up on 'em, and see what we can do.

Shane thank you it is very much appreciated. I am always up for meeting up and fishing and even have a few spots in mind for next spring that I have not fished yet. I suspect they will produce some 5lb+ class fish, maybe not the size you are catching but good fish non the less. Let me know when the time comes if your up for it. I do know of a few places that have produced some 4lb class smallies for me in the past but you may be right the current state record smallie is a tall task.