Better Setup

buttaluns

Micah once you go adding big batteries and motors you may as well get a boat because you have to trailer it and it's not as stealth anymore because you have the trolling motor hum.Just something to consider it took me a year to decide what to do so don't feel bad bro

No I totally agree cam, since that post I've been researching the hobie pa14, something I hadn't done before because I know people with feelfrees, and the hobie actually is appealing and it doesn't have the stupid multi color setup. The biggest thing I'm worried about with a kayak is being able to lock on a spot, do you have any issues with this, or do you have any experience with a micro power pole?

Good to see your getting back in the game buttaluns.

I fish out of a Coleman Crawdad, I have 2 rigged up one is super light the other 1 is tricked out with a GPS trolling motor good electronics but still not that heavy. The lighter one I can wheel in hard to get to virgin waters + both rigs I can get in and out of my truck solo. I love the way you guys trick out the Yak’s but feel the Crawdad works out better for me. 

post-17904-0-91569200-1481292421_thumb.jpg

Micah when I'm targeting a specific spot I anchor up but if I'm just parreling a bank like with a wake bait or a reaction swimbait I just use the mirage drive and make my way down the bank slowly once you get use to it it isn't tough

My anchor imo is more valuable than my graph lol

Micah when I'm targeting a specific spot I anchor up but if I'm just parreling a bank like with a wake bait or a reaction swimbait I just use the mirage drive and make my way down the bank slowly once you get use to it it isn't tough

My anchor imo is more valuable than my graph lol

What kind of anchor system do you have?

I've posted this before but here is one of my boats I fish out of. I use to fish out of a kayak (just a cheap one) and really like a few things with this one over my kayak.

1. Fits in the trunk of a car.

2. Light weight

3. Can be used with oars or motor

4. It really gets you up above the water (can be good or bad I guess depending how you look at it but I personally prefer it)

5. The amount of room

post-17764-0-06422700-1481340363_thumb.jpeg

Sportspal canoe. To me its the best hybrid. It has the "throw stuff anywhere", bathtub design of a jon boat, and the small size, manuverability of a kayak. Its 58lbs unloaded....so no trailer needed. Sometimes I go light and take two rods, a backpack, and an oar.....other times (on bigger waters) I load in 2 marine batteries, the trolling motor, cooler, electronics.......oh, and another friend plus their gear.

Its stable. Id I'm fishing....I'm standing.

https://youtu.be/JsPLpOHgCoU

I do a lot of night fishing, and fish lots of hard to get in water. When I night fish, sometimes if the night is really slow, i put my anchor down and go to sleep for a few hours and wake up to catch the morning bite. And after you build a deck, you have a ton of storage, put a bow mount trolling motor on, two batteries in the back and your set. I used to have a 1032 jon boat but recently bought a 1236 due to stability and the extra length. As stated earlier, being able to maneuver while standing is really key to me