Best Winter baits?

Bigbaitjournal

Since 2017 will be my first swimbait year! I guess officially starting now. I was curious what are you guys favorite winter time baits?! I've caught a few double digits on conventional tackle so my goal with the swimbaits is a teenager!!! Here's my last double digit!post-28236-0-10624100-1482086805_thumb.jpg

Congrats on that fish.As you know in the winter the fish slow down.So most people like to stick to the slowest moving baits possible and most of the time those baits are soft baits.If this is your first year throwing big baits Id recommend picking up a couple hudds.the 8" is one of the most proven swimbaits ever made.Good luck.

Have you been pretty successful with it? What type of retrieve?

thats what makes em Great imo.Any retrieve you want.Its incredibly versatile.However for me slow rolling it with the occasional twitch has worked best

The noob thread at the top of the forum covers Winter swimbaits pretty thoroughly:

Swimbaits and Coldwater

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13047

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12953

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12550

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12399

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8898 

It didn't cover guys personal favorites. That's what I was trying to find out. Had a lot of good info though.

it covers what some good options for winter swimbaits are.The title of this topic is "best winter baits".Lol not picking on ya just sayin