Best large soft baits

Low&Slow

Lots of variables, lots of choices. The Mag is really hard to beat as far as a realistic approach, they are well made, nice tail action, and the paint jobs are very hard to beat. The 9.5" Rago Alpha Trout is ridiculous, the unweighted version I am speaking about. You can literally C R A W L this thing over weedbeds or shallow veg and get the tail to swipe side to side in a very sexy manner at an extremely slow pace. Killer

Ok fellas I know what the baits are... Im looking for some input from people on here that have actually fished these baits and what are some feedback about them. Thanks guys.

8" hudds are money..the only bigger bait success I've had and seen are the mags..I haven't had anything truly big but you've seen photos of the guys that have..and I see a lot of 9.5" Rago alphas producing..and if the rumors are true shortly you'll see the 10"ish rising son..my big soft bait fishing though isn't the launch and retrieve lake fishing style though..so the weightless and lightly weighted alphas, rising sons, and the like are perfect for aim and pitch on the moving rivers

Mags are great baits, they swim well at all speeds and look fantastic in the water. From my experience, mags get beat up pretty easy. The baits I have loose the fins really quick and have broken harnesses so don't use the extra line tie. But even with a broken harness the bait can still be fished. And ya, the prices suck.

Realprey 10" is really nice, it's a big heavy bait, much bigger feel than the mag. For the dobyns guys I'd say throw it on a 908. You can get by with a 807 but the 867 is too soft IMO. The price is right at $50. The tail kick on a realprey at slow speeds is not as hard as a hudd or mag. You can contact the owner directly and he can make the bait any color and rof you like.

Those are the 2 big soft baits I have a decent amount of experience with. It's hard to say get one over the other, they both catch fish. I tend to have a mag tied on more frequently though.

Weightless alpha trout 9.5 and 11" are all I've been throwing lately. Insane action for big soft baits and like stated above you can literally creep them over grass beds and basically weight them however you'd like with up or downsizing the hooks. Pretty versatile for what they are. I love em