Request: North Fork Composites

C_R_TX

On 3/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, Jzxmnky said:

Updates. Rod is wrapped. Only had enough time to pool test. Loading up the deps 250 was a breeze. Does not feel underpowered what so ever.  I’m able to cast with precision on the 6.5oz lure. Going to give it a real break in soon. 

B2631A95-1E13-4264-98FA-9BC7CB91826C.jpeg

Where did you get the blank stickers with the details of the rod? would love to add those to mine

On 3/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, Jzxmnky said:

15 hours ago, WineVegGrower said:

Where did you get the blank stickers with the details of the rod? would love to add those to mine

Stickers come with the blanks when you buy them.

I also highly recommend the the X-ray blanks from NFC. I have an X-ray Neo XH blank and use it 90% of the time. The sweet spot is 3-4 oz but it will still launch a 6oz bait just fine. Its so versatile you can also use it for frogging or bigger jigs. Easily my favorite rod. Hoping they make an XXH version with a 8-10oz sweet spot soon.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:29 AM, HandCraftedLureCo said:

I also highly recommend the the X-ray blanks from NFC. I have an X-ray Neo XH blank and use it 90% of the time. The sweet spot is 3-4 oz but it will still launch a 6oz bait just fine. Its so versatile you can also use it for frogging or bigger jigs. Easily my favorite rod. Hoping they make an XXH version with a 8-10oz sweet spot soon.

I have built multiple x-ray blanks and love them. I guess ill have to play closer attention to the order arriving next week 

13 hours ago, WineVegGrower said:

I have built multiple x-ray blanks and love them. I guess ill have to play closer attention to the order arriving next week 

They hide them near the tip in the little cardboard piece they staple on. Almost missed it myself!

On 12/20/2022 at 6:29 AM, HandCraftedLureCo said:

Is that the Neo X-ray 808-1 blank you are referring to? Having a builder make me one from that blank as we speak. Hoping it will serve me well as a topwater rod.

17 minutes ago, Morph808 said:

Is that the Neo X-ray 808-1 blank you are referring to? Having a builder make me one from that blank as we speak. Hoping it will serve me well as a topwater rod.

Yeah that's the one. It's very versatile I'm sure you will enjoy it and find plenty of uses.

• 2 weeks later...

I build on North Fork blanks. I’ve built 2 on the 809 cut down to 7’10”. Those are THE K9 blanks. In fact if I’m not mistaken I believe the Artex/ DRT Pulse 1C was built on that blank. They handle the K9 easily. Haven’t thrown anything else with them cus I built them both for that bait. I’ve built on an 808, 806, 807, MB 7109 cut to 7’7”, and the SW 768 cut to 7’5”. That 807 can definitely handle more than it states and it’s definitely fast action. Not mod fast. I love the 806 but honestly, I’d say that Rods max weight rating is right at 6 ounces. The K9 puts a decent load on the blank but it does launch the hell out of it. Hooked fish on the 809 K9 build, the 806 7109, and 807 and I am thoroughly impressed. The 808 is a good blank but I don’t use it that much. That for me is a top hook bait rod like hudds, and bigger stuff. It’s pretty beefy. The 807 I love. I throw the 7” citizens on that rod along with the defiant 245 I think it is. Handles it no problem and that’s a 6 ounce bait. Everything else, yup, nothing but good to say. North Fork is where it’s at. Not to mention they’re ALWAYS running sales lol

19 hours ago, Whatthebass said:

I build on North Fork blanks. I’ve built 2 on the 809 cut down to 7’10”. Those are THE K9 blanks. In fact if I’m not mistaken I believe the Artex/ DRT Pulse 1C was built on that blank. They handle the K9 easily. Haven’t thrown anything else with them cus I built them both for that bait. I’ve built on an 808, 806, 807, MB 7109 cut to 7’7”, and the SW 768 cut to 7’5”. That 807 can definitely handle more than it states and it’s definitely fast action. Not mod fast. I love the 806 but honestly, I’d say that Rods max weight rating is right at 6 ounces. The K9 puts a decent load on the blank but it does launch the hell out of it. Hooked fish on the 809 K9 build, the 806 7109, and 807 and I am thoroughly impressed. The 808 is a good blank but I don’t use it that much. That for me is a top hook bait rod like hudds, and bigger stuff. It’s pretty beefy. The 807 I love. I throw the 7” citizens on that rod along with the defiant 245 I think it is. Handles it no problem and that’s a 6 ounce bait. Everything else, yup, nothing but good to say. North Fork is where it’s at. Not to mention they’re ALWAYS running sales lol

What do you throw on the 7109?  Weight range?  I have one of those blanks sitting around and haven't decided what i'm going to do with it yet.

2 hours ago, ikaika said:

What do you throw on the 7109?  Weight range?  I have one of those blanks sitting around and haven't decided what i'm going to do with it yet.

That’s my TK special Rod. That’s really what I built it for but it’s such a versatile rod. I throw jigs on it, jika rigs, small swimbaits, the drt shuttle, the vts 5 and 7. It’s seriously a versatile rod. It can handle a bit more than 2 ounces. 3 being the absolute max but even that’s getting up there imo. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2022 at 9:30 PM, HandCraftedLureCo said:

They hide them near the tip in the little cardboard piece they staple on. Almost missed it myself!

I’ve built 4 nfc rods so far and I never knew that lmao. I’m always too excited when I get a new stick so I never pay attention to the packaging

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

Did you guys see this? Do you think the 807 is what they make the Pulse 1C from? Might getting a couple of these carbon air blanks to try. 

IMG_4220.png

I believe you’re correct. I seen Jeff king talk about that on YouTube.  

The deflection chart is interesting, shows it bending similarly to a normal SWB-806 with 32oz of weight. The tip is a 6.0 vs a 6.5 for the 806, so I’m a little lost with the lure rating up to 8oz on this new one…is it really going to be beefier than an 806 that’s rated to only 3oz? Guess we’ll have to buy some to try, but it’s gotta be pretty special to justify the price gap vs. the IM swimbait lineup.

16 hours ago, Bass_blaster said:

Did you guys see this? Do you think the 807 is what they make the Pulse 1C from? Might getting a couple of these carbon air blanks to try. 

IMG_4220.png

Did you watch the deadlift video they sent in this email? Nuts. 

I ordered a pair, planning on building one to keep and one for a coworker. Will probably be a fall winter project but I'll be posting some updates as the build progresses 

59 minutes ago, SockeyeSteve said:

Did you watch the deadlift video they sent in this email? Nuts. 

I ordered a pair, planning on building one to keep and one for a coworker. Will probably be a fall winter project but I'll be posting some updates as the build progresses 

Yeah, I did watch that video, that was crazy. I’m gonna grab a couple and hopefully build them soonish. Two young kids makes the hobbies move a little slow though.