Mattlures 2017 Release

zanwhite

I got to test one of the gills with the new tail today.  It definitely has significantly more thump than most soft baits.  It runs upright at both slow and fast speeds and you can get a nice subsurface wake going at high speed.  When you stop reeling it sinks head down without the corkscrew spin that you often get with the boot tails.  I'm guessing its somewhere around a 8 or so ROF although this is just a guess - I was casting from shore so it was a little hard to be more precise on the rof.  The incredible finish is exactly what you expect to get in one of Matt's soft gills.  I'll look forward to some serious trials once the weather improves.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as patents go, It sticks in my mind that the wedgetail patent runs out next year. Someone that knows how to look it up could verify this. If this be so, anyone can use the design at that time. I remember when Mr. Twister had the patented boot tail sassy shad. When their patent ran out, everyone started making their own baits and the original tail started evolving to where it is today.

All I can say is, Matt is one of the most reliable bait makers i've ever seen in my bassin life. Every time he has a new release coming out, I can't wait to admire some of the

most realistic colors & swimming motion you can get from a lure. The volume of lures he produces from such a small operation just baffles me. The man has a God giving talent for sure.