Guitars

R8R

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been a fan of Fender for electrics (strats and teles) and Taylor's for acoustics. Just recently grabbed a suhr strat-type build, which is my first non-Fender electric, and am extremely impressed so far. Amp of choice is a '65 reissue Princeton reverb. I'll try to post a pic of my current mainstays, which right now include:

1) 2004 Fender 50th anniversary strat deluxe in two tone sunburst w/ maple neck

2) 2016 Fender rosewood neck telecaster in surf green

3) 2016 Suhr standard pro custom in desert gradient/chevron maple top w/ cocobolo neck

4) 2014 Taylor 214CE deluxe

Fell off of building pedal boards years ago, but recently got the itch again because of YouTube. "That pedal show" is an amazing channel, if you haven't checked it out. Just be forewarned that it will definitely cause you to lighten your wallet (much like this site).

Back when I was a single man I played in a punk band and owned a Stratocaster, a telecaster, and Gibson sg with 3 burstbuckers with a bigsby.. traded the telly and the sg for a les paul studio that I really loved and used for a time as a studio tech and to lay down backing tracks for a few local guys.. Since having kids ive really not had time to play much and the only guitar I have right now is an old alvarez flat top acoustic...

• 4 weeks later...

I use to play out in a few bands in my younger years, (I had all my hair back then). I was always a lead vocalist, and, eventually started playing rhythm & bass guitar. I've got a Fender knock-off lead guitar, a Yamaha bass, and a Takimine electric acoustic. I've got a Yamaha digital home recording studio of which I have recorded around thirty original songs. I have a song on u tube called " Small Twig"...check it out. I play all the instruments & do all the vocals on all my songs.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Been playing acoustic for 3 years. Wish I would have started a long time ago.  I have a Taylor 110 and a 1979 Martin D-18. Those things can be as addictive as Fishing Stuff!!  I play while I make lures. There’s a Guitar Center here in New Orleans near my work. Tons of killer guitars and you can just go in and play them.  I was shocked to learn that.  Pretty cool.82200127-2681-4374-BB8A-7A100FFB451E.thumb.jpeg.8ec921352f4601076548c42dbe354cf4.jpeg