Lotto baits info wanted

Mossypumpkin

The sunshine filled state of AZ is producing..this is from the lotto baits IG..

I have yet to throw the baits but will throw the shad this weekend..I'll report back

The trout is just shy of the hinkle in length..I didn't measure but on my scale with the 2/0 KVD hooks it weighed in at 9.9oz..I since changed the hook to 4/0 owner ZOwire and have not re weighed..I posted a few pics in the swimbait collections thread you can see the length compared to a hinkle and mother

post-24354-0-58531000-1487854748_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigSlant

I was thinking of getting a trout. But I talked to the maker last night....said yes never caught a fish on the trout..

Yeah Joey is ambitious and young. Baits are out well before they are proven. But I guess he's relying on us for that which is fine..I do think they are a little pricey for not being heavily tested but really in the grand scheme of swimbaiting $100+ has become entry level

Alright I'm gonna be 100% honest..

I had a chance to get out and throw the shad..the build quality is pretty top notch..pretty clean lines..fins, paint etc all good..Joey did get a lil glue on the tail which turned whiteish..he sent me pics before he mailed and said he would repaint but it would be another week..I fish my baits not look at them..do I said send it

Hardware seems legit..bait construction is strong however I wouldn't reccomend casting any resin bait at rocks..hooks are 2/0 KVD Mustads..tho sharp as hell they bend so change them out..I talked with him about that and he's gonna start balancing his newer bait with Better hooks..I changed them to st36 2/0

Size is where the shad kind of loses me..I have phoneys, hinkle's and other 8-9" shads and they all come in around 5-6 oz..this big boy comes in just under 8oz so I def need to throw it on my xh which is 8'6"..not what I want to throw my shads on..my 8' Heavy is the rod I use for those style..my preference

The bait has a great swim on the 5.4:1 NaCl..glide is wide and smooth..it will not burn..if you burn it flops..I'm not totally turned off by that but understand a burn stop burn retrieve isn't gonna fair well..slow steady retrieve..couple rod twitches if you want it to dart..

Honestly it won't be my first shad go to because the phoney is TITS..but when I know the conditions are right for my area for shad swimbaits it'll get play

Joey is a good kid and is learning and listening..blows away anything I could build..

No feedback yet on the trout..I haven't thrown it..it's in the mother category tho so your gonna need a big stick to play with the lotto mommies

• 2 weeks later...