Terms and "Lingo" for New Members.

Campobassmaster

Seeing that last post about helping noobs learn terms, figured it would be better to organize it into a single post.

BNIB= brand new in box (sometimes BNIP, brand new in package)

TYD= to your door (price includes shipping)

WTB= want to buy

WTT= want to trade

WTS= want to sell

FS= For sale

ISO= in search of

bait terms:

XSS= Xtra Slow sink (Most popular in HPH, 316, Phoney frogs, and other custom baits)

SS= Slow sink

FS= Fast sink

MS= Moderate Sink (only seen in savage gears, for me at least)

F=Float

HF=Heavy float

ROF= Rate of Fall, the rate at which a sinking bait falls, measure in X feet per 10 seconds generally

(ie: Hudds, 0,5,12,16 meaning 0ft/10sec, 5 per 10, etc)

types of 'crankdown' baits: wake, shallow, medium, deep (An example would be the Mattlures Meathead which has wake, shallow diver, deep diver, and slow sink). 

there  is also a countdown option in some (mostly billed) baits, where it sinks in a certain ROF (generally faster) and you can count it down to a specific depth.

The most common bait referred to as a unicorn would be the Hinkle Trout, it may not be as rare as some other baits but its a long story as to why it is considered one, at least to me. Some other ones are mostly older hinkles, a lot of 316 baits, like the sport model freestyles. (I myself haven't seen a sport gill or herring), the glides, 1 ups, 2 ups, hate bait. but there are much much more. Some refer to Pat's baits as unicorns too. 

316 baits:

BAA= Born again armageddon

FS= Freestyle, there are freestyle trouts, gills, shads, bass, herrings, and other variations of them, but those are the main ones.

OG Arm= Original armageddon, before Mickey changed the bait and brought it back.

Sport= Freestyle Sport model, released in limited amounts

Glide= A few different types: 11in 11oz "Beast", Workhorse, Gizzard, (Gill and trout are workhorses I believe)

Wake models: OG wake (10"), Wake Jr. (7.5"), Baby (6").

Roman Made:

MOM= Roman Made Mother, some call it a M.I.L.F as in Mother I'd Like to Fish................

Neg= Negotiator, the smaller version of the Mother

Deps: 

250 or 175, the size of the bait, in mm

OG 250 (or 175)= original body style, made of foam, not abs plastic

"new" style= the new body style, made of abs plastic

Black Dog Baits:

"OG" Punker= The first generation of wooden lunker punkers made by BDB. have a longer or "dolphin" nose look to them.

Wooden= Sometimes confused with OG, I myself thought wooden and OG were the same for some time, but contrary to that, they are the more recent generation, made of wood like the OG, but slightly changed, most noticeable in the nose shape (I am by no means a punker expert if you have more, fill me in)

G2= Sometimes called injected, for ABS plastic injection, these baits are the newest, and cheapest of the lunker punkers, and other baits by BDB, Most (if not all?) have rattles in them.

Bubba Cracker= BDB magnum/largest size of shellcrackers, made of wood.

Wood Cracker= either billed, or non-billed, the "medium" size for BDB cracker series.

G2 Shellcracker= sometimes called the g2 cracker or just shellcracker, is the smallest, maybe even the most popular of their cracker series, made of plastic with rattles.

If anyone has more info to add, Please comment below, and if anyone has questions, feel free to pm or comment, and I'll do my best to give you an answer, or point you in the right direction!

-Jack

(Thanks to SPEEDBEAD for reminding me of ROF (duh), Thanks to Good Year 71 for making sure I remember Fast Sink.)