Conventional rods

Sprint61

Mostly fish alone and when I'm alone I fish nothing but swimbaits. However I ocassianly go with a friend and he fishes conventional only. I sold all my high end rods to support the swimbait addiction. Any suggestions on a decent rod $60 or less? Just want something for the occasional trips I take with him. Was looking at the Daiwa aird x it looks nice and the powell diesel but reviews wasn't that great on TW.

I have an older model aird that I have put through hell but still seems to hold up. I have uprgraded rods for the most part so that one doesnt get much use but if I am fishing with a friend that is new to casting set ups I usually let them use it. Ive had it for probably 5 or 6 years and its still going strong. One of my buddies recently got one of the one 3 defy blacks and it seems like a well built rod and is very sensitive for the price

I have 2 of the older Arid rods, 6'6" MH and the 7'1" H. I put a beating on my rods fishing everyday of the summer and trekking through the woods for hike in ponds. Both rods have held up astoundingly well. Sadly after 5-6 years of beating, they are beginning to get tired. The  medium heavy fishes more like a medium and the heavy action like a medium heavy. the reel seat comes loose/cross-threads from time to time but nothing major. these rods have a bit faster action than advertised. Still, I highly recommend these older rods if you can find them. I have also heard good things about the ONE3 Defy Black rods. I just got the swimbait version. It seems to be accurately rated and sensitive with a nice backbone. The reel seat and grip are of great quality and comfortable. In my opinion, it is a toss up between the two.

• 2 months later...