Hinkle

brgbassmaster

Some people really fish them, and fish them hard. I would say the majority of guys who buy the Hinkle trout don't even have a rod that can handle a bait that size. They just buy them because they are so sought after, then realize how big it really is and flip it. Or they just buy it at cost then wait 6 months to double their initial investment. They are still worth the $350-$400 on the flip though. Just sayin

I fished my Hinkle when I had it.But you have to realize it's not worth keeping it at a certain point.Considering they get rashed up pretty easy and the value will go down quick.Not to mention most people intend to fish them but after waiting 12 months they get sick and tired.Especially when they see things like Andrew selling 40+ at bassathon.

Sometimes we buy them at retail then it shows up a year or so later then we're over it..I ordered a hinkle trout..realized it's gonna be forever..a friend let me borrow one then I realized it wasn't worth the wait..soooooooo when i get mine sometime it'll prolly be up for trade

Edited by BigSlant

I can completely understand why people are not fishing the bait, it took me a long time to figure out the bite and triggers of it. Once I finally figured it out, caught 4 fish for 27lbs one trip, a 9-5 the next trip, and have since added a 7 as well.....after fishing the bait for years and only getting follows and half-ass hook ups. The hook rash I have on the bait seems to make no difference to the fish so far. This is probably not a bait you're going to get and start catching fish on right away, it takes time and effort like most baits to figure out, or it did for me anyway. In the end it becomes way more tempting to sell it for close to double what you paid, before it gets hook rash, than actually trying to figure it out.

The hinkle has been the hot bait for a few years now, so flippers gonna flip. I wish they would go back to pokemon, baseball cards, or whatever else they flipped before, but it's not happening anytime soon. Why so many NIB hinkles popping up lately? Andrew probably recently finished a batch, shipped them out, and people got them a few days ago....so off to the market they go. This just makes it harder and more expensive for people that actually want to fish the bait to get it, but that's the market we as swimbaiters have created. If you don't like it, be part of the solution and not the problem.

As far as Andrew selling the baits at bassathon, in my opinion, that's his business and it's also give and take. I've seen the hinkle go up from $150 to $175 directly from Andrew, despite the prices on ebay and black market being around $350-400.....and also despite his only competition for this bait, that I have seen anyway, costing $440 retail(an increase of $40 in the same time Andrew has went up $25). Does waiting in line for this bait suck? Yep, it sure does, I completely feel your pain. However, Andrew does not make swimbaits for a living, he has a different job that pays the bills and making baits is secondary. 

Thanks guys. I would love to fish one. Got a few deps 250s, pizz customs DDT, and now I want to add a Hinkle to the line up. But was like dude these ppm don't fish them. They buy em.new then flip them. With no intention of fishing them. Screwing ppl out of their chance to get one at normal lrice. So now ppl that do fish them that cannot get their hands on them have to pay 300+ dollars lol. Kinda sucks. But oh well guess that's the game

Thanks guys. I would love to fish one. Got a few deps 250s, pizz customs DDT, and now I want to add a Hinkle to the line up. But was like dude these ppm don't fish them. They buy em.new then flip them. With no intention of fishing them. Screwing ppl out of their chance to get one at normal lrice. So now ppl that do fish them that cannot get their hands on them have to pay 300+ dollars lol. Kinda sucks. But oh well guess that's the game

yah you just described about 60% of high end swimbaits haha.Sucks but it is what it is.

Im honestly glad people dont fish the trouts, more fish for the dudes that do fish them :mrgreen:  It definitely is a bait that you have to dedicate some time to learn but once you understand when to throw it, it can put in some work.