in a slump

bassturds

Both trev and Derek are riding dinks... they also keep saying sluuuurp ;) NH is no California, overall smaller fish and with the terrible summer last year. My pb isn't even 6 so I'm happy with some sh&at fishing. Never been a numbers catcher so I think I have the patience to keep grinding. Sometimes I switch up lakes, or just look longingly a weedless frogs. Stick with it!

I feel ya man. I caught my PB a few weeks back , but since then I havent had a bite. I even went to a well known pond that holds healthy bass. But of course when I went there last weekend, the land owner told me the dam was stuck open by a log ( its an old mill pond), the water level went down further than normal and the fishing hadnt been very good. I tool my chances and came up with a big fat 0. I just watch a lot of youtube vids when im in a funk and reassure what im doing is going to work!

the problem is, im second guessing my self on every decision.  should i throw this or that bait. which color of slammer do i throw. which spot do i fish! so many decision but i always feel im not making the right one

If I was you, I'm being dead serious here, I would step away and clear my mind. Been there, done that. What you describe is a rabbit hole and it's a dead end. No matter what we do in life, without confidence it leads to failure.

Set a timeline to step away and stick to it. You won't want to, as what you conclude proper duration today won't feel that way in a week or two, but what you feel today is your internal barometer. You know yourself better than anyone, so listen. Trust your instinct. You'll return clear of distress and confusion for a fresh start. Where do we start fresh? The basics. That's the key.

Long story long.. Im on the same boat as you. Only one i caught this year was back in march, went 5.41 on the scale and thats it so far. I try not to think about it too much. Theres something theraputic about driving to a lake, casting for hours and catching jack ish. As far as baits, i prefer to keep it simple.. i bring about 4-5 but only fish 1 that i have confidence in and hope a stupid bass will inhale it. I fished after work today for the skunk.. and i sure as hell will go tomorrow.

If I was you, I'm being dead serious here, I would step away and clear my mind. Been there, done that. What you describe is a rabbit hole and it's a dead end. No matter what we do in life, without confidence it leads to failure.

Set a timeline to step away and stick to it. You won't want to, as what you conclude proper duration today won't feel that way in a week or two, but what you feel today is your internal barometer. You know yourself better than anyone, so listen. Trust your instinct. You'll return clear of distress and confusion for a fresh start. Where do we start fresh? The basics. That's the key.

this is some of the best advice given. i do live on the ocean. so im going to switch it up. my favorite time to fish is at night, havent done much of that tho.