Massachusetts

massbass10

I live in Eastern Mass and Hale Reservation has always been a producer for me. Usually every fish I catch is 2+ with most being 3 and 4 lbs. My best out of there is a 7 lber. Hard to find big fish around eastern mass, mostly quantity over quality, but Cape is pretty good. Went once this summer to a pond in brewster and caught one fish a 5 lb LMB and saw a 4lb + smallie. The big fish are there, just a grind to find them.

You have the power of the internet at your finger tips, use it for your own reconnaissance instead of just asking others "where" to fish.

Your asking for good spots for big fish but dont want to know peoples "secret spots" ? Seems a little contradicting to me.

Do yourself a favor and watch southern trout eaters and apply those same concepts to waters within reach of your preferred traveling distance.

I never asked anybody where to fish, but used the knowledge I've acquired by SEARCHING and READING countless hours of threads  on this website and other New England based fishing forums.

The question you should be asking is what does it take to produce true trophy fish which a basic google search can reveal lots of information. Hell the search button on this website is worth its weight in gold alone.

You don't want your hand held but want SPECIFIC answers it took guys years and countless hours of time on the water to answer themselves? This is my exact beef with the newcomers in this game we play.

I wasn't asking for specifics spots, lures, techniques, anything.  I'm relatively new to swimbait fishing and was just asking for a start in the right direction. I've spent years fishing the canal and finding my own productive spots and honey holes. I wold consider myself a saltwater expert having fished saltwater for thousands of hours over my life and hours uppon hours spent researching yet I will help newcomers. I'll give them spots or tides or lures or techniques. As an expert why wouldn't I give basic information to someone to start them fishing right. Is it that big of a deal to give a novice a basic piece of info to get them started?

I think that's what guys are trying to help you understand though. It's all about putting you're time in. I personally believe that asking others for places to fish, or techniques or anything it's going to short yourself in the future. Seems like everyone is just looking for a hand out. Not saying that's what you're doing but that has become the environment of the internet and everything at you're fingertips. Most of these guys have fished 40+ hour weeks for a long time to get where they are knowledge wise. If your fish salt water then you know that spot burning is a sin that you never get rid of. If I would give you any tip it would be to never call yourself an "expert" in anything. The most well respected guys in my view almost are always very humble and travel in silence and by themselves. An they'll be the first to tell you that they learn something new every time they fish. Nothing can replace time on the water. Figure it out yourself and you'll be much better off down the road. I'll guarantee that.

Call your local office of Mass Fish & Game and ask for the warm water biologist.  Those folks will help point you to some above average waters.  They get good input from the state pin program and all the bass tournament sponsors are required to file catch records.  There are more good bass lakes & ponds in MA than there are crappy ones.  We may not have that many double digit fish catches here but there must be tens of thousands of 5 to 8 pounders swimming around in the state.  They are just not all that easy to catch.  When you're fishing saltwater stripers you need to know where the fish are because you can spend hours casting where there really are no fish.  In our freshwater ponds, lakes & rivers the fish are limited in how far they can go.  Spend a day on one of our "average" lakes and be assured that multiple 5 & 6 pounders saw your baits.  The challenge is to turn lookers into biters.