SUB Tournament February 16th to Febrary 22nd

SU Crew4

There is big fish in every lake in every state.

Yes those guys guys catch big fish, we can all name people in every state that catch big fish.

These rules have been like this since SU started this, why is it an issue now. I didn't make the rules and had no input.

Everyone things come to Florida, throw your bait in any body of water and catch a 8lb plus fish. You must be kidding me, most of these guys fish their ass off, you only get to see the fish but you never see all the time on the water not catching fish.

I usually keep the piece but I am seeing this now as my daughter grows up and all the soccer mom's. Let me give you an example, my daughter moved up a level in dance, one of the moms want to the owner and said her daughter sould also move up and made a big deal about it. Guess what they moved her up, this is what this is coming to.

If you want remove my fish, I really don't care, I fish for me no one else.

Everyone things come to Florida, throw your bait in any body of water and catch a 8lb plus fish. You must be kidding me, most of these guys fish their ass off, you only get to see the fish but you never see all the time on the water not catching fish.

So the guys in Texas don't work for those fish? Really? Just come to Texas, throw your boat on the water and reel in an eight pounder.  You must be kidding me. The whole 'they worked hard to catch the fish' argument is childish.  Everyone does.

This isn't about anyone's fish; it's about how the rules work. I know when they were changed because i was here when it happened. i stopped participating in the monthly tournament at that point because it seemed so half-assed. (I admit, it also didn't help that I got f**ked over in another SU contest before that) The rules changed then, so why is it so confusing to talk about changing them again? What's so hard to understand about that?

Again, how can anyone argue Florida is at any sort of disadvantage vs Texas? The state record is nearly the same and the list of great FL bass lakes is as long the list for TX. It doesn't make sense.

So the guys in Texas don't work for those fish? Really? Just come to Texas, throw your boat on the water and reel in an eight pounder.  You must be kidding me. The whole 'they worked hard to catch the fish' argument is childish.  Everyone does.

This isn't about anyone's fish; it's about how the rules work. I know when they were changed because i was here when it happened. i stopped participating in the monthly tournament at that point because it seemed so half-assed. (I admit, it also didn't help that I got f**ked over in another SU contest before that) The rules changed then, so why is it so confusing to talk about changing them again? What's so hard to understand about that?

Again, how can anyone argue Florida is at any sort of disadvantage vs Texas? The state record is nearly the same and the list of great FL bass lakes is as long the list for TX. It doesn't make sense.

No where in my post did I say it was easy in Texas.

Also didn't say I was confused or didn't understand about taking about changing the rules.

If they feel they want to change them go ahead.

I fish with Thomas all of the time, one of my good friends and yeah he slays the big LMB. If you base your opinions off one or two people in a state you could say that every state has giant bass, consider the bass population as a whole and not based off one anglers or even 10 anglers catches. I’ve been fishing Florida for a long tike and a BIG bass for Florida to be honest is like 8lbs. To catch a 10lber is so rare you’re lucky to have it happen once a year if you GRIND and even then you have to find the right lake to produce a fish of this size, it is NOT common at all.

Regardless of that I think the MAIN reason Florida has such a large handicap compared to these other places is obvious, it has to do with forage species. California and Texas both are stocked with the best Giant bass grower there is, trout. All of the places with a lesser handicap pretty much are. As for the ones that have trout and don’t grow giant it’s due to other factors unrelated to forage species. Trout stocking and trout populations is what sets these places apart from Florida and If anyone were to analyze the actual numbers of big bass caught it would be apparent in just how much of a difference this makes.. Bass in Florida have the genetics to grow giant and the environment but they just don’t have the proper food supply. On massive lakes like okechobee and others yes they do, but most of the waters you won’t find a bass over 10lbs. They just don’t have that supply of giant forage species.

Bass bass the 15 lb mass fish is an outlier. There are roughly 12 fish certified over 10 lbs ever from Mass I think the 2nd biggest ever was a 12....a 7 lb fish in MA is a giant. To put FL within 1/2 lb handicap of MA or other states in the region just doesn’t fit. Obviously you still need to grind for big fish but the handicap is just flawed there.