Gloomis 904

jaydubs11

I have one, love it. Curado 200 with 15 lb triple fish I throw the 7 inch stocker trout and baby bass. MC slugs in the kelp, and DD-22's when cover is around like the grass on the lagoon in the summer. Its my main summer time rod when fishing the smaller swimbaits and cranks around grass. Fish like to eat the baits right as they enter cover. I have 3 rods in my boat. This one, the 957, and abu-garcia black max. Thats all I need.

Can't answer that. Thats alot of baits. Way too many for me to learn how to fish :D The baits I stated are all that I fish and they produce. Any bait over 4 ounces goes on the 957. The 904 has a pretty soft tip but when its loaded up shuts down pretty fast to move fish from cover. I use it in the kelp throwin the 8 in slugs. It handles those well. Its soft enough to let the fish eat the bait which would translate well to the slammers and wake baits. 7 inch stocker and 6 in hudd should be the same. Ill say this, it makes quick work of a ten pounder :P

What like a baby wake or 7inch mission fish?

I'd assume he's referring to the baby wake... unless you rig your mission fish with a treble?

yeah baby wake, any of the 6" freestyles, rising son, MS slammer, triple trouts etc... it just doesn't have the sticking power in my opinion to jam a mission fish or hudd fish and keep them stuck.. don't get me wrong in a pinch it will work.. I just don't prefer it for those baits..

its a little light for the wake jr..

Does anyone know how this compares to the okuma 7'6 mh or dobyns 795? I'm looking for a rod for hard and soft 6 inch baits. I had a st. croix mojo bass swim bait rod rated for 1-4 oz and that thing was stiff as hell and had no tip action.. i hated it and sold it quickly.

thoughts on dobyns 795?

i have ML 795 and its much stiffer in the upper half of the rod compared to the loomis 906. I like the rod and have gotten a few of them to hand out (loan out) to my buddies that want to give SB a try.. they can take a beating, priced right and you can throw most of the mid to larger mission fish on them.. I like his rods and have the frog rod that is super stiff that I love throwing the mid to small mission fish, the no bull etc.. if you like the stiffer style of rods (i'm trying not write "if you like stiff rods") then you will like his Jig rod, frog rod, big cranking stick RM.. those are the ones I have from Gary's line up.. I also have the full line up of the loomis SB rods and use them as my every day sticks.. I do look forward to checking out the LDC line up next.. just have to convince the boss that there is no such thing as too many

Does anyone know how this compares to the okuma 7'6 mh or dobyns 795? I'm looking for a rod for hard and soft 6 inch baits. I had a st. croix mojo bass swim bait rod rated for 1-4 oz and that thing was stiff as hell and had no tip action.. i hated it and sold it quickly.

Try the Loomis 955. I use it for all of my soft plastics swimbaits and 6" hard baits. I own two of them. One dedicated for 6" topwaters with braid and the other for soft plastics like a 6" hudd. With that said. I have tried and prefer the Loomis over the Dobyns, but if I was going to invest in a rod I would check out LDCs based on the recommendation from board members.