Dobys champion 795 and 807 opinions

lurkin4lunkers

• 4 weeks later...

I guess some dudes need a 807 to drive a hudd jig hook in the mouth of a bass but I don't . If you don't set the hook like a pansy, then I guess use the broomstick. I prefer I little action in my rods. Ya sometimes you need backbone but I'm just not sold on the broomsticks. The 867 is awesome. Trebles or hudds. Tick, wind slack, set the hook hard. To me some action in the rod helps keep the fish pinned. Again personal preference. Gotta try for yourself to really know what works for you

I guess some dudes need a 807 to drive a hudd jig hook in the mouth of a bass but I don't . If you don't set the hook like a pansy, then I guess use the broomstick. I prefer I little action in my rods. Ya sometimes you need backbone but I'm just not sold on the broomsticks. The 867 is awesome. Trebles or hudds. Tick, wind slack, set the hook hard. To me some action in the rod helps keep the fish pinned. Again personal preference. Gotta try for yourself to really know what works for you

I'd go 806 and 867, unless you plan on throwing baits under 2 oz. Then I would go with the 795 over the 806. The 806 doesn't load up as well with an S-Waver 168, Gantarel Jr, etc if you're sometimes looking to throw those smaller profile baits.

I respectfully disagree about your comment that a 795 should be used for baits under 2 oz. I think the sweet is about 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 ozs and I will occasionally go a little heavier at times.  

I currently have 3 of these and have fished them a few years, I have 1 with Florocarbon line for most hard baits & line through's , mono for topwaters and 1 rigged with braid/ floro leader for fishing weeddless/ jig hook baits . This is a very solid versatile rod and I can't imagine their are too many production rods that can beat this one in terms of value.