$100 to spend to add to lineup/start

SimplyG

First off, hey all! New to using big baits/ swim baits in general, but I’ve been fishing for a while now (fished most of my youth, stopped when I was a teenager, and picked it back up mid 20s).

Recently decided to start using bigger swim baits to add a bit of variety to how I fish.

I just ordered a Okuma guide series 7’11†XH rod, and shortly will be ordering a Shimano Calcutta B (either 200GTB, or the 400b, I could use opinions on that as well, it will be used for pike and bass almost exclusively).

What I currently have for swimbaits are:

12†Chinese made hud trout (top hook and two bottom trebles)

10†6 joint Chinese made shad

12†Chinese made 6 jointed pike

6†Chinese made 6 jointed pike

5†Savage Gear baby bass

Savage gear rat

Savage gear 1.25oz suicide duck(unsure if this would really qualify)

I’d like to keep the rest(at least to get me started) to very close to or under $100.

Assume I don’t own any jig heads for things like keitechs.

Given all of that, what would you spend your $100 on?

Hello Brandon, Here is my 2 cents. #1 get a top hook rof 5 8" hudd in hitch or trout. Don't modify it don't put stingers on it just fish it. # 2 a quality glide bait that doesn't break the bank. The S-waver 200 in lite trout or a savage gear shine glide will get you bit. #3 a reasonably priced wake bait. Very hard to beat a Rago top trout or MS slammer both dynamite baits that will catch you fish. These 3 options will put you right around the $100 mark. As far as a 200 or a 400 b series Calcutta either one is a great reel and will serve you well. Only problem the 200 will seem a little underpowered for some of your applications and the 400 will be a little overkill for some baits. Dont over look the 300 curado in d or e series or the daiwa Luna 253. Both of these reels handle big and small baits very well and for me kinda bridge the gap between a 200 and 400. Good luck to you and welcome to the underground.

Pat