How did you get into swimbait fishing?

Scottholzhauer

• The rush of something eating a big swimbait is irreplaceable in fishing in my opinion. 

I'm pretty new to swimbait fishing but this is what I keep thinking. Have caught all my fish this year so far on swimbaits and have only thrown a jig and chatterbait a few times. I keep thinking about throwing swimbaits only for the entire season but I really like fishing jigs and frogs, or at least I think I still do.

I can thank member Moleman on here for getting me into them. Fishing with him and watching him throw these massive baits, and hearing him just spit straight knowledge into my ear for hours, that gave me the tools to start throwing them. I took his advice and got a dobyns 807 and cardiff 300 and some hudds and a 250. When i first started throwing them i thought "goddamn this is a waste of my time" and went back to conventional tackle. Fast forward about a year and I started browsing this forum, reading all the info. Picked up a few more baits and slowly got into things, bringing a big bait rod with me everywhere i went. Ended up catching my first fish on the Tk about 3 weeks after starting back up, and i was hooked. Sold some conventional setups and blew some cash on a couple nice sb setups. Rest is history. 

I was a conventional guy for a long time, caught lots of dinks but been trying to get a DD under my belt. SU member Godzilla showed me his pics. Bought a mag, first outing caught a 7 lber, second outing got a 5 lber, third outing had the most epic fishing day of my life to date. A 7, 10, and an 11. (My avatar pic) Godzilla got another 10. 3 DD's in a day was almost too much for me to handle. I was giggling like a little girl all day and had a smile on for more than a week later, haha. The rest is history.

When I was younger my dad was into is and bought a ton of baits thinkin he would use them and ended up not. So I used one of his huddlestons in the 6" and a few casts in I saw the bass reacting different towards the bait. Went to a pond the same day and hooked one amd then I got the swimbait bug. Im only 17 and I dont even have a car beacuse of how many baits I buy lol got to love it though