Trip to Australia in December - Swimbait Options?

FishDr

I just found out that my work is going to send me to Australia this December for a conference in the Albury, N.S.W., area and, suffice it to say, I am stoked, both for professional reasons and because it'll give me an opportunity to try and cross paths with some fish I've never encountered before.  I was wondering if there are any SU members from Australia who'd be willing to give me some suggestions on places I could try - I'd love to have a shot at a Murray Cod or a Yellowbelly Perch.  I'll likely be stopping in Sydney to visit my best mate from high school and we'll definitely do some fishing for flathead and mulloway, maybe kingies (Australian version of a California yellowtail) and tailor (bluefish in the US) too, if they're on the chew.  I know that I can get flathead to chase swimbaits, and suspect that mulloway (the Australian equivalent of a white seabass) will also pound one with as much gusto as a white seabass would.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, peter_the_fox said:

Ditch the saltwater and go to fresh - jardini arowana or sometimes called Saratoga....swimbait destroyers 

They are much farther north, aren’t they? I’d have to make it at least as far north as central Qld, right?