New PB on the Spark Shad!!!

NoahFertick

I was fishing at Clear Lake (which is FAR from clear) this morning and got a small bass on a popper first cast. The lack of water clarity has made it difficult to sight fish, but I spotted two really nice bass on a bed. After a few minutes I got the male on a Roboworm, which was 4lbs 2oz, then it took a while to get the female. She was pretty finicky, but a few big carp swam into her and bump her, which made her MAD. I took the opportunity and tossed my drop shot with a Megabass Spark Shad into the bed and she hit it almost as soon as it got in. I had to maneuver her around poles and walk her down a dock until I was low enough to grab her. I missed the first grab and almost lost her, but I grabbed her and got her in. She was 6lbs 9oz, my PB swimbait fish and the biggest bass that I've ever put on the scale. All of this happened in the first one and a half hours that I was awake! 

IMG_20180504_082600774.jpg

Edited by NoahFertick
Grammar

Hey, I know that dock!

1221359717_LilGill.thumb.jpg.a972bea642d50256c98728d8d62bc48b.jpg

Congrats on the PB, Noah! How's the bite been? I'm headed up to Clear Lake in a few weeks as well and have been wanting to finally get into some swimbait fish and maybe even break my own PB. It's always a hit or miss in that area waiting for the fish to come to you...but your post gives me hope! Save some for me please! :razz:

The bite has been ok, but according to the guide I went with it's a lot worse than normal. The past few days were easy but today I had to work to get 2 at a different spot. The two I mentioned were the only sizable ones that I've found so far, all the rest were 1.5-3 pounds on average. The water is murky so it's a pain to find or catch big fish.