Throwing Saltwater Swimbaits

SDBayBassMan

It's been a while since I've posted in the Flipside and with all of the fishing I've done over the last few years, I thought it was time to contribute to SU.  I feel like I've evolved a lot as an angler, so I wanted to briefly share some of my fish, both big and small I've caught on the swimbait.  Big bait doesn't always mean big fish, but sometimes, it does. I'm still aiming for my double digit calico and in time I think I'll get there.  

If you guys have caught any saltwater species on your swimbaits, post them in the thread below or feel free to give any tips or stories on how you got them. Here are some photos of fish, big and small, I've caught on some of my swimbaits.  I look forward to seeing what you guys are catching out there too. 

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3059 2.jpg

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3335.JPG

IMG_3337.JPG

IMG_3526.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_4544 2.JPG

IMG_4675 2.JPG

IMG_4826 2.JPG

IMG_5063 2.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5079 2.JPG

IMG_5280.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5663.JPG

IMG_5675 2.JPG

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6266 2.JPG

IMG_6267 2.JPG

IMG_6270 2.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6439 2.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

IMG_6983.JPG

IMG_7218 2.JPG

IMG_9211.JPG

Edited by SDBayBassMan

Did you get that WSB on a swimmer??

Being from NorCal I don't get to fish the salt as much as I like to. But, I have a couple trips planned this summer. Going on a 2.5 day on the Pacific Voyager end of June. And hopefully a multi day trip on the RP in August.

I'm planning on bringing the triple trouts to throw at kelps. Maybe get lucky and get a Dodo or YT.

Last summer we were down by Alijos Rocks and got on a huge schools of dodos, my buddy threw a WhopperPlopper and boated 3-4! So sick!

Just now, Fishstix024 said:

Did you get that WSB on a swimmer??

Being from NorCal I don't get to fish the salt as much as I like to. But, I have a couple trips planned this summer. Going on a 2.5 day on the Pacific Voyager end of June. And hopefully a multi day trip on the RP in August.

I'm planning on bringing the triple trouts to throw at kelps. Maybe get lucky and get a Dodo or YT.

Last summer we were down by Alijos Rocks and got on a huge schools of dodos, my buddy threw a WhopperPlopper and boated 3-4! So sick!

Kenji, 

Yes, I got the WSB on a 5" MC Viejo's in a Christmas tree pattern and a 1 oz warbaits head.  That has always been one of my go to baits.    I would definitely bring a couple triple trouts down on your trip.   I have  whopper popper in my arsenal but haven't really fished it too much yet.  I'd really like to get a yellowtail or tuna on a topwater rat though.  Would be pretty sick!  

How bout some of these ones..here’s some specked trout I caught on my own baits in the marsh down in St Bernard Parish where i’m from.  Next to New Orleans.

I have some redfish pics somewhere. Caught on a wake mullet I make. If I can find it.

50B1CBE4-7298-4E2D-90E6-8C27386EE10F.png

FC6E23DC-772C-4A28-B00C-BAF9AB57C6FB.png

28D55362-BFA7-438D-837D-CCF87B9ED26F.png

On 5/30/2018 at 1:42 PM, SDBayBassMan said:

Kenji, 

Yes, I got the WSB on a 5" MC Viejo's in a Christmas tree pattern and a 1 oz warbaits head.  That has always been one of my go to baits.    I would definitely bring a couple triple trouts down on your trip.   I have  whopper popper in my arsenal but haven't really fished it too much yet.  I'd really like to get a yellowtail or tuna on a topwater rat though.  Would be pretty sick!  

HA never even thought of a rat. Welp the Nex XL is going for a salt bath end of the month..