I NEED a gopro

Loganodum38

Started out at my honey hole like normal about 630pm, about a 300 acre pond/small lake. I have several spots where I know I can go and catch a good bag but I always like to explore and find new spots to fish, brush piles or humps etc, just searching with my graph, well I’m throwing 10inch line thru shad and I threw up on a slow tapered bank of just sand (so I know there’s nothing to get hung on) I was slow rolling and pause and repeat, after a pause I started to reel and felt dead weight, I hammered down and she didn’t move, I knew it was a fish so I just kept trying to reel and pull without breaking off and she took off at an angle away from me dead pull and jumped 1 time about 20 yard away from me and spit the hook,I was in so shallow of water it seemed impossible to keep her down and it looked like a green duffel bag jumping out she was so big, She made my 9 look like a crappie. A buddyhas pulled a 15.2 out of this place (North Carolina) and a few 12 and 13s,(many DDshave came out of here)mine may or may not have been a state record but who knows. She’s still there telling all the other monsters to not bite that gizzard cause it ain’t real lol. I’ll give her a few days and try to regroup and see if I can get her. After I got done crying I went to a known spot and caught a few decent ones on the baitsanity to boost my self esteem back up. Here’s some pics.

9C909664-0D41-4D5D-8D29-6AF327DB3859.jpeg

96373BD3-2FD0-4566-9106-5FC3EAAF0D10.jpeg

hell yeah man, heartbreak is part of the game - but now you know where she lives! give it a few days, take note of the environmental conditions that day (temp, water temp, time of day) then i'd try to get back there under similar conditions. If all else fails, try her at night. If the fish is 10+ she probably has her own area in that lake and will protect it.

*This coming from a New Englander that hasn't seen a fish that big, but that's the approach i would take up here. 

Oh I’m going to hit it hard, the problem is the deepest part of the lake is like 10 ft average between 5-7 and not much submerged structure or elevation change, it’s hard to say she will still be there since she was roaming a sand flat/beach. I know big fish roam that same beach but they won’t stay there, seems like you have to just get lucky that a big one is there, all my fish off that beach have been 6+ , biggest was slightly over 8. One thing I’ve learned for targeting big fish on a beach type of shoreline is to actually beach the bait on the cast and creep it into the water. Makes for an extremely stealthy entrance and has always paid off for me, it’s just there’s not that many situations where you can do that