reel lube

WVOEKS54

I just take out the spool bearings, clean them out, and lube them up with hot sauce. It made a difference on my reels. I use carb and choke cleaner to get the original grease out. I dont know if it is he best to use, but it has worked well for me.

I just take out the spool bearings, clean them out, and lube them up with hot sauce. It made a difference on my reels. I use carb and choke cleaner to get the original grease out. I dont know if it is he best to use, but it has worked well for me.

Carb Cleaner is great! But you want to follow up with Isopropyl alcohol to get that residue off. Gets them even cleaner, give them time to fully dry before applying oil.

how much does it cost to get super tuned?

Send me a PM if you are interested.

I don't have a "B" series handy, but you would need to take the spool tension knob off (silver knob thats controls lateral play in the spool) and the bearing sits right there. One SMALL drop of oil is all you need. The other bearing is located in the left sideplate. You need to unscrew the 3 "thumb" screws on the handle side of the frame and take that side off. The spool should then come out to reveal the other spool bearing. One SMALL drop there, and pop the spool bearing back in. Also add one small drop of oil to the spool bushing (grey piece on right side of spool)

Other part that's tricky about the B series is putting the right sideplate back on. You need to hold the thumb/clutch bar in the up position, and make sure the reel is in "freespool" before putting the crank side back on. I don't have any pics to show right now, but if you need more direction, i can walk you through it.

Geoff