New all time PB smallie in NY

dinkslayer

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, fishhct said:

Yeah man I think that broke 5 for you. Great fish

Thanks man, I dont leave home without a scale nowadays so Ill never have to wonder again hahah. I just saw that donkey you posted up, looks like your no stranger to big football smallies!

On 9/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, dinkslayer said:

Im brand new to swimbait fishing, my first swimbait fish was my PB pike, this is my 3rd swimbait fish and my new PB smallmouth caught on a Waterhogg Swimbaits 2 piece wake rat. Did not get a weight on her but she went damn near 21" and was thick everywhere so I'm sure this fish was over 4lbs. 

IMG_1264.jpg

That must be over 5, I got one over 4 early on this year on the hudd 68, first real swimbait fish, got me into it for sure, id love to get a 6lb southern teir small jaw

On 12/14/2018 at 3:48 PM, CG_Fishes said:

That must be over 5, I got one over 4 early on this year on the hudd 68, first real swimbait fish, got me into it for sure, id love to get a 6lb southern teir small jaw

Yeah this was right when I got into swimbaits and I was immediately addicted. thats definitely a goal for me as well is a 6lb smallie, Im going up to Lake Champlain for a week next year and Im so pumped to fish a world class smallmouth fishery.

2 hours ago, dinkslayer said:

Yeah this was right when I got into swimbaits and I was immediately addicted. thats definitely a goal for me as well is a 6lb smallie, Im going up to Lake Champlain for a week next year and Im so pumped to fish a world class smallmouth fishery.

man your gonna get a toad up there man good luck

that 4lb smalljaw was on my first ever cast with the hudd and it was just the beginning of what was to come later on

3 hours ago, CG_Fishes said:

man your gonna get a toad up there man good luck

that 4lb smalljaw was on my first ever cast with the hudd and it was just the beginning of what was to come later on

Thanks man!

Wow a 4lb smallie on your first ever cast with a hudd thats awesome. honestly I've never even used a hudd, is it one of your better baits up here?

46 minutes ago, dinkslayer said:

Thanks man!

Wow a 4lb smallie on your first ever cast with a hudd thats awesome. honestly I've never even used a hudd, is it one of your better baits up here?

well i got that 4lb smalljaw and 2 6lb largies on it in april/may but didnt throw it much after so i think it could deffinitly be a key producer for sure, i wouldnt have bought 3 68 weedless and an 8" if i didnt, what baits do you toss the most up around us?

I need to add more soft plastics to my game for sure. I have been focusing on wakebaits and glide baits so far.  Glide baits are amazing, I love the way they make big bass come out of their hiding places. 5s and 6s will swim to within 3ft of your kayak completely keyed on your bait. I dont want to recommend any specific baits because theyre all expensive.

27 minutes ago, dinkslayer said:

I need to add more soft plastics to my game for sure. I have been focusing on wakebaits and glide baits so far.  Glide baits are amazing, I love the way they make big bass come out of their hiding places. 5s and 6s will swim to within 3ft of your kayak completely keyed on your bait. I dont want to recommend any specific baits because theyre all expensive.

yeah, i focus on thehard baits during summer and fall but during the early spring you just cant beat a hudd, summer time i love the basspro double down plopper, potentially one of my favs for big bass

5 hours ago, CG_Fishes said:

yeah, i focus on thehard baits during summer and fall but during the early spring you just cant beat a hudd, summer time i love the basspro double down plopper, potentially one of my favs for big bass

yeah for sure next year when the ice melts ill have to grab a few hudds and try em out.. did you catch em on bottom dragging it or swimming it? or both?

1 minute ago, dinkslayer said:

yeah for sure next year when the ice melts ill have to grab a few hudds and try em out.. did you catch em on bottom dragging it or swimming it? or both?

ive done it both ways, i use the 68" to sight fish too, killer technique imo more people should try it

1 minute ago, dinkslayer said:

alright cool Ill give them a shot early next year, starting with the 68. thanks dude @CG_Fishes

oh yeah man, id get the weedless version for sure, ive got almost a 100% hook up ratio and they dont get snagged, cant wait to try my 8" this spring

12 hours ago, CG_Fishes said:

oh yeah man, id get the weedless version for sure, ive got almost a 100% hook up ratio and they dont get snagged, cant wait to try my 8" this spring

Will do, thanks for the tips bro. Cant wait for this year!