Hinkle Trout and Shad Specifications

swim16

Hey all

Was wondering if any of you hinkle owners could help me out. Ive been wondering what the dimensions (length,width,hight) and weights of andrews baits are. Dont want to jump the gun on something too big for me. Thanks in advance!

It seems like you want the dimensions to replicate the baits. But regardless, all you need to know is the weight of the bait and length if you REALLY want to know what you want to cast, the length doesn't matter since many baits can weight the same but have different dimensions. I have a hinkle trout and it seems to weight around 8+ Oz but i'm just guessing, at work and would have to confirm once i get home. 

28 minutes ago, Neill Hernandez said:

It seems like you want the dimensions to replicate the baits. But regardless, all you need to know is the weight of the bait and length if you REALLY want to know what you want to cast, the length doesn't matter since many baits can weight the same but have different dimensions. I have a hinkle trout and it seems to weight around 8+ Oz but i'm just guessing, at work and would have to confirm once i get home. 

Possibly, I am open to trying to make my own as theyre so expensive haha. Mostly though is whether the profile is too bulky for my fish. I know that one should never underestimate what a bass will try to eat but it can be intimidating for the fisherman all the same. Both baits look pretty tall but they are thin as well. Thanks for chiming in

54 minutes ago, Neill Hernandez said:

Watch the video Marlin Baits did on making a roman made mother or watch solarfallbaits on youtube. They're excellent bait makers that aren't afraid to demonstrate their bait making methods. 

Im not trying to replicate anyones bait at all if that wasnt clear in my original post. I just wanted to know the dimensions because theyre both proven fish catchers despite their size. I also wanted to know if it would be worth it for me to consider getting one in the future considering the gear I have now and the class of bass I fish for. Thank you