Hinkle trout rate of fall??

ExplicitFishing

Mine sank too fast, it seems like they were not produced consistently ( Reading how other hinkles came out). I swapped out the hooks for the largest size quads (Which were smaller than the hooks the bait came with) and it became a slow sink. Not a fan of the action, swims too jerky side to side for me so i'll be putting pads were the joints meet to reduce some of the baits turning angles. Which should produce a more natural glide. 

Edited by Neill Hernandez

If you're referring to a blank that you had painted there could be some variances as to the sink rate.   It depends on the amount of paint that was used and sealer.  This along with the above mentioning of hardware can also change the sink rate.    I'd lean to believe that all the blanks are consistent regarding ballasting and weight.   

Just keep in mind that if you purchased a blank it's just that, a blank.   The bait has not been tuned.  

47 minutes ago, ExplicitFishing said:

They guy I bought it from had just got it in from Andrew, at least that’s what I was told

Assuming it's already painted (I've seen a couple people throwing the sealed blank)  and you want it to glide in the 2-4' depth you can always just add an additional split ring and run a double split ring application  pushing the hooks a little lower to achieve a little better sink rate.  

Also, what type of line are you throwing this on?   mono/ braid/ floro? 

Hmmm, floro actually sinks faster than mono so that isn't an issue.    I'd try adding the additional split rings and if you're still not happy some thin lead tape will help you get the sink rate you're looking for. 

On 10/23/2018 at 11:45 AM, pbaker said:

I got one from a recent batch and it floats.. curious to see what people say. I put decoy quads on it and now it is an ultra slow sink.

completely unrelated but your profile picture is the best thing I have seen all day.. 

there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time.